Due to the recent news of our Facebook Group disappearing, I thought now would be a good time to point out just how easy it is to set up notifications on the forums. This will help with our total migration off of Facebook. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to customize your notifications and make it super easy to keep up with everything Extra Life and Guild related!
1) Create a username. Remember, your donation page login is separate!
2) Once you're logged in and browsing the forums, click the "Follow This" at the top right of any content. The button should change to "Following". Make sure to follow our forum.
3) Once you're following a piece of content, click the button again to bring up even more options. From here you can quickly change how you want your notifications sent.
4) If you want to go into even greater detail, click "Change how the notification is sent". You can customize almost every single notification to be sent as either an alert, email, etc.
5) Finally, make sure to follow our calendar. It can be found at the top of our forums. You'll be alerted when new events are added and you can even sync it with services like iCalendar, Google Calendar, Outlook, etc.
And that's it! Two big things to do 1) Follow our forum & 2) Follow our calendar. Hope this helps! Also, remember that you can browse the forums on mobile. The site scales very well on all devices and can be very useful for those of us on the go!
Or if you prefer to use apps. You can download the Tapatalk app for iOS or Android and search for "Extra Life Community".
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me, @MajorLinux or @SobeDog007!