NodnarbDude - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content


Guild Leadership
Baltimore, MD
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


NodnarbDude last won the day on December 3 2018

NodnarbDude had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

42 Excellent


About NodnarbDude

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Birthday 09/17/1985

Extra Life

  • Hospital
    Johns Hopkins Children's Center

Game IDs

  • Xbox Gamertag

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hey everyone we have the March Guild meeting yesterday at the severna park library. Attendance-15 It was awesome to see many people who joined us for the first time last month attend this meeting as well! Sarah started off the meeting with a game where we all rolled 2 d20's to get some game themed prizes( Thanks Sarah!) After that we held our guild elections. Drew and Sarah were uncontested foe the president and vice president roles. For the secretary I(brandon) and ashley applied. We had each of us leave the room while the other one shared why we wanted to be secretary. For the new Quartermaster position Artem and Adrian applied. Adrian wasn't present so Sarah said a little something on his behalf and then artem shared why he wanted to be Quartermaster. So our 2019 guild leadership is as follows President-drew Nicolo Vice president-Sarah Wilson Secretary-Ashley Parsons Quartermaster-Artem Bank Congrats to our leadership! Sarah had new guild badges printed up and lamenated and we handed them out to everyone. Then we had the Awards ceremony where Sarah distriputed Awards to people who helped in the guild last season. We starting using timecounts recently to schedule shifts for conventions so we are going to attempt tp do that for this con season Upcoming cons/events cecilcon-April 12th-13th Cecil con is a smaller con that is now held 2 days. Awesomecon-April 26th-28th Awesome con is a large pop culture convention held in DC at the walter E. Washington convention center. If you are interested in volunteering for this convention but haven't joined timecounts yet please let us know! Next Meeting is scheduled for April 6th location to be determined. We plan on going over some trainning for newer volunteers and/or to help improve our table talking skills for those of us who have been around as well.
  2. Hey all this past Saturday we had our kickoff meeting for this year at the Odenton public library. Attendence:19 First I just want to say it was so awesome to see so many new faces interested in plugging into the guild(as well as some familiar faces ^_^) We started the meeting off with introductions where everyone said a little bit about themselves including what types of games they play. After that it was time to dig into some food. chick-fil-a was provided by the hospital.( Thanks Cindy!) Sarah went over a brief presentation about what it is to participate in the guild as a volunteer. Some numbers to keep in mind: Johns Hopkins Children's Center raised 120k in 2017 and 111k last year(2018) last year we had about 30 less gamers signed up to participate. upcoming conventions some of the next conventions we have coming up are: Cecilcon -April 12 and 13th Awesomecon -April 26th-28th We were unable to get a table at Katsucon this year. New things for this year one of the things we would like to do this year is reach out to student organizations at college campuses to have them host some events. We also want to reach oit to local game stores and see if they would be interested in hosting some events. New Role We are looking to add a new role this year to the guild. The title "quartermaster" was discussed. The main duuties of this role wouldbe to keep track of and store our current inventory, getting table setups to and from the conventions. Multiple people expressed interest in helping with this so we may have a committee and one person as head of that commitee. Sarah's is planning on going over some training to help volunteers which may include some role playing. We would have the table set up just like we would at a con so people can see our basic setup and we can go from there. Reminder Sarah is going to follow up with paul about the possibility of us utilising Salesforce Next meeting a spesific date wasn't chosen for the next meeting but we intend to have one in march. We will post when a date is decided. Afterwards after the meeting we enjoyed a bit of gaming of course! Many people brought some board and card games to play. It was a blast getting to meet and hangout with everyone!
  3. Attendence-8 The main topic for this meeting was Magfest which is the first weekend in january. Magfest schedule Thursday Sarah 1-7 Cami(helping early) Friday Sarah 11-5 Aaron 12-3 Artrem 2-7 Saturday Drew 11-5 James 11-5(tentatively) Aaron 12-3 Artem 3-9 Tiny 5-9(tentatively) Sunday(includes breakdown) Sarah 10-4(probably sooner) Artem 10-4(probably sooner) Also John mentioned he can fill in briefly for bathroom breaks throughout the weekend if need be. Action Item Sarah and Drew will work on getting some more(2019) brochures printed before Magfest and double check the candy inventory. 2019 Con Schedule Magfest: jan. 3rd-6th Katsucon: feb. 15th-17th Cecilcon April 12th-13th Awesomecon April 26th-28th Free comic book day May 4th Balticon May 24th-27th Shore leave july 12th-14th Blerdcon july 12th-14th Artscape july 19th-21st Otakon july 26th-29th Baltimore comicon oct 18th-20th Prattcon (couldn't find 2019 date) (Some of these we do every year, some we want to add for this year) Some New Things we may look into getting some new things for next year like another table cloth,new sign(with url printed BIG),horizontal banner. Year End Party we are having our year end party for everyone who helped out in 2018 in January 19th(after magfest) at noon Next Meeting February 9th at noon will be our kickoff meeting!
  4. Hey everyone so sorry for super short notice but it looks like we are going to have to cancel tonights meeting at crabtowne. We were supposed to start loosely around 7:30 and grab a bite to eat and have the meeting afterwards but it seems like most of us forgot and/or have other work/family obligations. Personally im so use to saturday meetings that it slipped off my radar. We are really sorry about this usually we are on top of things. Perhaps because we were trying sonething different( a meeting on a weeknight) that it threw us all off. If you were planning on attending please reach out to us so we can let you know of a reschedule!
  5. Hey all this is the recap for yesterdays guild meeting. We met at the family game store in savage mill. Attendence-7 in person, 2 via discord Artscape since its is this coming weekend we spent alot of time talking about it. Detailed instructions for the event are going to be emailed to Drew on Monday but this is The schedule for volunteering we came up with is as follows. Thursday setup Sarah Friday Aaron 10am-2pm Artem 1pm-6pm Brandon 3pm-9pm Saturday James 10am-3pm Artem 10am-3pm Drew 3pm-9pm John 3pm-9pm Sunday Sarah 10am-2pm Brandon 10am-2pm For those driving the Fitzgerald is supposed to be the best parking garage to park at but you'll have to check that day to see the best way to get there because many streets will be blocked off. Also we are going to have a "fancy donation jug" at the table. We aren't going to be asking for donation but we'll have one for the people that aren't interested in participating but want to give a little something. The gentlemen at the family game store joined us for a portion of the meeting as well. Sarah shared contact info so we can coordinate some things in the future. Maybe have a person at sombre of their events share about extra life or a possible guild game day. Th he game store has a game night every Saturday from 6pm until midnight, they have a booster draft for magic every Saturday after a new set comes out and a huge turnout for prerealese. Otakon August 9th-12th We are confirmed but we will work on details as it gets closer. Cindy is going to look into the 98 rock/ Game truck idea. Artem visited his local gamestops and was informed that they switch out their promo materials on july 22nd. We are not sure if it's the same date for all game stops but we are going to try and visit or local gamestops on the 22nd to see what we can get. We are going to try to do something on a Thursday night for a social meetup more info to come. Some ideas for the fall that were mentioned are a murder mystery train ride, the new fantastic beats movie in November. The numbers we have 293 gamers registered up from 229 in 2017 and 209 in 2016 Anime USA is in October 19th-21st We might look into being at this con. Or next meeting will be a discord meeting Aug. 4th(one week before otakon) at 11am Our next in person meeting is Friday August 24th at 7:30pm at crabtowne in glen burnie.
  6. Just a friendly reminder that The next meeting is scheduled for This coming Saturday July 14th at 10 am at the family game store in savage mill. Note the time 10 am. We usually do a noon meeting but this meeting is starting at 10 am!
  7. This months meeting was a discord meeting. Attendance-4 Numbers so far we currently have 258 gamers signed up and $5,810 dollars raised. Last year we had 199 gamers signed up and $5,260 dollars raised around this time. Upcoming cons -Prattcon is this coning Saturday the 23rd. Its a small one day con at the Pratt Free Library in Holland town. John and I will be manning a table. -Diversitycon is a one day con at Amazing Spiral(a local comic book shop in north baltimore) This is a small one day con as well. James said at a previous meeting he would try to man a table here. -Artscape July 20th-22nd We are working to get a table at gamescape again this year. We had missed the deadline to get into the nonprofit charity table area of the main part of artscape. If we want to try again for next year we will have to send out emails in the fall of this year. -Blerdcon is a one day con on July27th Sarah said she has yet to recieve a response from Blerdcon so it's likely we wont have a table here but she is going to try to reach out once more just to try. -Bitgen is a gaming music concert type deal at the ottobar in Remington on Saturday July 28th. We're not sure if they would even have space for a table for us but Sarah said she would check into it. -Sarah mentioned a Minecraft event in the fall(octoberish) that Drew had previously mentioned. We couldnt remember the name of the event but we'll look into it as it gets closer. -Sarah mentioned following up with Bar point and scyfi convention at some point. New CMN Partnership as some of you may have heard CMN has partnered with Gamestop. On that note Sarah asked if we could all try to stop by our local gamestops over the next month or so to see if we could get swag donations to use as raffle prizes for upcoming events. Basically we go to local gamestops ask them if they heard of extra life,tell them a bit about what we do, and ask if they have any extra promotional materials that they would like to donate. Children's National Sarah mentioned the Children's National (DC guild) is trying to get up and running again. We would love to have any help from them we can and to also help them out as well. Just think of what we can accomplish in the Maryland/Virginia area if we wirk together! 98 rock/Game truck we still need to look into doing something with the guys from 98 rock. Possibly involving a game truck. Reminder Follow-ups Cynthia and Sarah wanted a reminder to follow up with Skyline. Next Meeting The next meeting is scheduled for July 14th at 10 am at the family game store in savage mill. Note the time 10 am. We usually do a noon meeting but I believe at the last meeting it was brought up that others had things going on later in the day. This is also one week before artscape.
  8. Just a friendly reminder that this month's meeting is this Saturday at noon via discord. Hope to hear everyone then!
  9. Hey everyone this is the recap for th meeting this past Saturday. We had a meeting over discord since several people couldn't make it in person. Attendence-5 via discord We talked a bit about some of the conventions that are coming up. Prattcon-June 23rd (10am-3pm) This is a one day con at the southeast anchor Enoch pratt free library. John and I will be manning a table here. Diversitycon(11am-8pm) This is also a one day con at the comic shop Amazing Spiral in north baltimore. James said he should be available this day and will likely be manning a table here for part of the day as well. Otakon (Aug. 10th-12th) this is confirmed. james will more than likely be out of town,Drew will be there all weekend and will likely be able to setup and takedown, I will be available periodically thoughout the weekend. we can talk more detail on schedules as the time gets closer. these are some unconfirmed cons that we are waiting to hear back from. more info to come Artscape(July 20th-22nd) Blerdcon(July 27th) Bitgen(July 28th) We are still looking into the gametruck idea and seeing if they are still partnered with Extra Life and if we can do something with 98 rock. more details to come. OUR NEXT MEETINGS our next meeting will be via discord on june 16th at 12pm Our next in person meeting will be july 14th at Savage Mill Next Game Day Our game day this past friday sortof fell through so we are doing one this coming friday the 25th from 7pm-midnight. some suggested games were -keep talking and nobody explodes -ultimate chicken horse -monoco (there were a few others but these were the only ones i caught the names of, sorry)
  10. just a friendly reminder this month's guild meeting is this Saturday the 19th(tomorrow) at the Family Game Store in Savage Mill! The address is 8600 Foundry st., Savage MD 20763 We'll be meeting around noon P.S. it looks like im going to have to join via discord tomorrow. Hope to hear yall then!
  11. Hey everyone this is the recap for the guild meeting this past Saturday. Attendance -4 in person 1 via discord. Drew gave a Recap for Cecilcon He was able to get 11 signups which is an improvement from last year. upcoming conventions prattcon june 23rd(confirmed) prattcon is a one day convention at the Enoch Pratt free library in Holland town. John and I will be manning this con. Artscape july 20th-22nd We were looking into getting a table with the other charities this year. Id we don't then wet may still try to have a table inside gamescape. More info to come. Blerdcon July 27th(unconfirmed) more info to come Bitgen Saturday july 28th(unconfirmed) more info to come. otakon August 10th-12th(confirmed) more info to come Maglabs september 7th-9th(unconfirmed) Washingcon september 8th-9th(unconfirmed) Baltimore comiccon september 28th-30th(confirmed) Drew received confirmation for Baltimore comic con this year. Brainstorming Ideas Cynthia has contacts with the morning show guys for 98 rock radio station and suggested we brainstorm some ideas to incorporate them with Extra Life. We thought about possibly doing something with the game truck maybe near Ramshead live. Possibly in October since wet don't usually have conventions that time of year. Guild game night we decided to have a Guild game night Friday may 11th. More details to come. Next guild meeting we decided to go ahead and have the next meeting at Savage Mill again since most of the people that would benefit from having a meeting further south were unable to attend this time. The next meeting will be Saturday May 19th at 12pm. Hope to seer y'all there!
  12. Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder this month's guild meeting is this Saturday the 21st at the Family Game Store in Savage Mill! The address is 8600 Foundry st., Savage MD 20763 We'll be meeting around noon(our usual time) hope to see you all there!
  13. Hey Everyone Sorry I've Been slacking posting the meeting recaps between seasons but here we go again! This i the recap for Yesterdays guild meeting! Attendance-7(6 in person 1 via discord) Awesomecon Our first order of business was discussing Awesomecon! Awesomecon is March 30th-April 1st this year at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, 801 Mt Vernon Pl NW, Washington, DC 20001 This is Easter weekend just to let people know. We have now gotten confirmation for this event. though Sarah had mentioned in order for us to be here the Con itself had a couple of requests we weren't use to so there is a slight possibility that we wont have a table but we are planning everything just to be ready. if we receive notification of changes we'll let you know just keep this in mind if you volunteer for an early friday shift. If you are able to volunteer for this Convention and were not at the meeting please post in the thread below. the volunteer availability we have so far that I recorded at the meeting is as follows Friday Drew John(later shifts) Artem(after 2 pm) Brandon(myself)(after 4pm) Saturday Sarah Drew John(later shifts) Brandon(myself)(after 1pm) Sunday(EASTER) Sarah Artem If you can volunteer for this event and we don't have you listed (or if your times change) please let us know! also we have only 2 badges for this event so we will probably have to trade off badges. some of the strategies we talked about for this con are: -to make sure we are being as engaging as possible to everyone walking by our table -possibly having some gaming going on to entice people to come to our table(if we have the space an enough volunteers we could have a small card game of sorts going on. -Having a video on display with pictures and/or text about Extra Life(want to give a shout out to Artem for volunteering to use his video editing skills to help make us a video!) Guild Elections It was unanimous to keep our current officers who are President-Drew Nicolo Vice President-Sarah Wilson Secretary-Brandon Wilson(me) and as an unofficial role Duke of Social Gatherings of Common Interest -James Devno Goals for 2018 Participants-1,000 Dollars Raised-150,000 Name Badges Sarah had name badges for everyone and we were swore in using them and pledging to do all we can for the kids! Awards Sarah had awards made for last years volunteers and handed them out. she still has some for people who couldn't attend this meeting New tactics or 2018 We are going to be trying to do one new thing a month as a guild and see if these things yield results.This months new thing is to go to GameStop stores and see if they have any of swag(things like posters for preordered games that the receive to many of) Everyone at the meeting pledged to try to make it to one GameStop before next meeting to see how this goes. if you weren't at the meeting and would like to participate please feel free to do so. I believe we are going to be having a script worked on if you don't feel comfortable going up to strangers and talking with them. We were thinking of going to movies on opening weekends for the new thing in May. more on that later. New things to look into Universalcon(April27th-29th) Board and brew for Social gathering Escape rooms for Social gatherings For more on social events/gatherings and/or to share ideas please contact James(The Duke) Next Meeting April 21st We are going to try to meet at the Family Game Store in Savage Mill(NOT AT THE HOSPITAL) we've talked about having some meeting at other locations and since a good portion of our volunteers live much further south than Baltimore we are going to be giving this a go. Exact location could change. We'll keep you posted!
  14. Hey everyone this is reposted from cindy in the facebook group! "Hey gang! Wanted everyone to know our next meeting will be on Saturday, December 16th at the hospital. We will be celebrating with pizza! Also, the numbers look great! We are currently at $101,342 and still have a month left to fundraise (last year finished at $102,274). Wooooooot! Keep up the great work!" We Will be meeting at 12pm Here is the Hospital address/directions for those who need them Johns Hopkins Children's Center 1800 Orleans St, Baltimore, MD 21287 Parking is directly across the hospital in the Orleans Street Garage. When you arrive you will take the elevator to the 4th floor and cross the sky bridge on the right side of the garage to get to the Children's Center Lobby.
  • Create New...