Official Extra Life Community Jump to content

Hub Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yesterday
  3. Oh I'm sorry, I just assumed you were on there... Hop onto the ExtraLife4Kids server. There's a #donordrive-support channel in there. I'm "@Tim [DonorDrive]"
  4. I created a discord account. And while it seems to be Slack-like or IRC-like - I've never used it before. I take it I need to find the server you're on the find your channel. What server are you on?
  5. You *shouldn't* be, but I can't rule it out. If you'd like to DM me with some network info, I can take a look. You can find me over on the #donordrive-support Discord channel. As far as polling strategy, let me walk you through what we do internally. We leverage the `etag` + `if-none-match headers` to determine the need to poll "subordinate" endpoints. Using the participant + participant donors model above, you can poll the /participants/XXX endpoint on your 30 second intervals furnishing the `if-none-match` header. If you get a 200, then that means something changed (you'll get a 304 if nothing has changed), you can subsequently compare `participant.sumDonations` with your previous iterations `participant.sumDonations`. If the values aren't equal, you know there are new donations to fetch, otherwise, you dont even need to bother polling /donations. The ancillary benefit of this route, is that you don't have to assume a refresh (and subsequently the parsing/rendering overhead) of your assets on every polling interval. Hope this helps, Tim
  6. Different issue I'm noticing. Maybe I'm hitting the API too much post DDOS? But I amd getting connection timeout errors. If you could take a quick peek and let me know what you think - https://github.com/djotaku/ELDonationTracker I haven't changed anything in extralifedonations.py since before the DDOS. Lines 172-203 govern the loop. I have it sleeping 30 seconds between each iteration. However, within that 30 seconds I hit at least 4 times - participant, donors, team, team donors. Is that too much now? Is there a more efficient way that's more compliant in the post-DDOS world?
  7. Last week
  8. If you're following this topic to see when I have a new release - please switch over to following
  9. Rather than continue to hijack the thread where I was calling for features and coders, I'm starting this new thread for new releases. Of course, you can always subscribe to the releases on github. Github page: https://github.com/djotaku/ELDonationTracker What does this software do? Well, on either Windows or Linux (wherever you choose to game) you can run this program with a GUI or on the commandline to generate text files from the Extra Life data. You can then use these text files in OBS or XSplit to update as donations come in as you play. Current release: v2.2.3 - https://github.com/djotaku/ELDonationTracker/releases/tag/v2.2.3 I'm about to release v2.5, but it doesn't add any extra functionality. It adds in unit tests for people who want to help with development and for me as I refactor the code for better maintenance. If you have issues and need a bug fix, the best and fastest way to contact me is by making an issue on Github. (That's basically a bug report, but you can also use it for a feature request) Second best would be in this thread. I've got a bunch of instructions on the github page on how to use the software. But I'll copy into here the current videos of how to use it:
  10. Esports organization Complexity decided to make time in their busy schedule to spend November 2nd gaming for the kids and we couldn’t be more excited. Complexity played for Children’s Health in Dallas and managed to make it half way to their goal over the course of their streaming. We’re absolutely delighted to see more and more major players in the esports scene getting involved with Extra Life! Complexity was founded in 2003 by Jason Lake, getting in on the ground floor of the rising popularity of competitive gaming. In the past 16 years, Complexity's teams and players have won over 140 championships across 30 different games. Their success led to gaining the attention of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones who joined the team's ownership in 2017. The team has become one of the leaders in the worldwide esports scene. Earlier this year, Complexity rebranded to associate itself more closely with the Dallas Cowboys. The team turned out to work toward their fundraising goal for 2019. If you are interested in showing your support for both Complexity and Extra Life, you can sign-up to participate alongside Complexity for the rest of 2019. Even though Game Day has come and gone, we are still taking donations through the end of the year. Head over to Complexity's Extra Life page to support Complexity's mission to help Children's Health. Extra Life has always been part of the wider gaming landscape. That means we've been growing in the esports space in recent years. That's why we are thrilled to be working with Complexity this year and seeing them participating in events like Game Day. During the holidays next month, Complexity will be hosting a community event for Extra Life. Keep an eye out for more information as we move forward and gear up to participate in that, Complexity fans. It's never too late to sign up for Extra Life to help sick and injured kids in hospitals around the US and Canada by playing games! Donations for 2019 are accepted year-round!
  11. Esports organization Complexity decided to make time in their busy schedule to spend November 2nd gaming for the kids and we couldn’t be more excited. Complexity played for Children’s Health in Dallas and managed to make it half way to their goal over the course of their streaming. We’re absolutely delighted to see more and more major players in the esports scene getting involved with Extra Life! Complexity was founded in 2003 by Jason Lake, getting in on the ground floor of the rising popularity of competitive gaming. In the past 16 years, Complexity's teams and players have won over 140 championships across 30 different games. Their success led to gaining the attention of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones who joined the team's ownership in 2017. The team has become one of the leaders in the worldwide esports scene. Earlier this year, Complexity rebranded to associate itself more closely with the Dallas Cowboys. The team turned out to work toward their fundraising goal for 2019. If you are interested in showing your support for both Complexity and Extra Life, you can sign-up to participate alongside Complexity for the rest of 2019. Even though Game Day has come and gone, we are still taking donations through the end of the year. Head over to Complexity's Extra Life page to support Complexity's mission to help Children's Health. Extra Life has always been part of the wider gaming landscape. That means we've been growing in the esports space in recent years. That's why we are thrilled to be working with Complexity this year and seeing them participating in events like Game Day. During the holidays next month, Complexity will be hosting a community event for Extra Life. Keep an eye out for more information as we move forward and gear up to participate in that, Complexity fans. It's never too late to sign up for Extra Life to help sick and injured kids in hospitals around the US and Canada by playing games! Donations for 2019 are accepted year-round! View full article
  12. Two things: 1) Now that I have headers, it works even with http (doesn't need https) 2) the amount of places I had to change it drives home how much I need to refactor my code!
  13. did a bit of googling and ... maybe I need to add a header. Will research and get back to you. OK, yup. That fixes it.
  14. Hey Tim, Is this a new requirement post-DDOS? I've been using the code without HTTPS all 2019 (and previously, of course). My code https://github.com/djotaku/ELDonationTracker does not use HTTPS, but that's why I tried it on the commandline in my previous post and that failed for some reason. But github with https didn't give me that warning. edit to add, not sure what this guy's code is doing, but it's another complaint of python not workign:
  15. Interesting. Can you confirm that you're hitting the API via https? You *must* use https to make calls to the Public API. If that's not it, I might need some actual code to look at. Do you have a repo for this anywhere?
  16. Gordon Hayward, NBA All-Star and small forward of the Boston Celtics, loves games on and off the basketball court. He also love helping the kids in his community who look up to him as a role-model. That’s why for Game Day 2019, Hayward teamed up with Extra Life to game for Boston Children’s Hospital! Hayward has played for the Celtics since July 2017. A handful of minutes into the 2017 season opener, a faulty landing caused him to suffer a debilitating leg injury that put him out of commission for the year. As a result of the injury, Hayward needed multiple surgeries to get back into playing on the court. During his time recovering, he spent his downtime playing Overwatch and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. While stuck in a medical leg brace to help him heal from the surgery, he learned how helpful gaming can be while allowing the body to heal. That inspired him to get involved in Extra Life and help kids at Boston Children’s Hospital. “Gaming was a helpful distraction for me while rehabbing,” explained Hayward, “Gaming can be a distraction tool for kids while they're in the hospital, too. That's just one reason why I'm committed to helping the kids at Boston Children's Hospital.” Back in September, Hayward visited Boston Children's Hospital to spend time gaming with the kids. The visit made local Chicago news and kicked off the basketballer's push toward his Game Day stream on November 2. Everything Hayward raises through Extra Life will go to support Boston Children’s Hospital. He’s playing to build up the Every Child Fund's mission at Boston Children's. The Every Child Fund includes the Child Life Program that was designed to help children feel at home and comfortable in the hospital through fun activities, games, and more. The goal is to help kids heal faster by improving their environment and lifting their spirits. Hayward set up an Extra Life page and team for his Game Day streaming efforts. His goal for 2019? $10,000 USD! If you want to join Hayward on his mission to help the kids of Boston, donations are being taken throughout 2019. You can even start you own page and host your own event to raise money from your community to help kids in your local children’s hospital. It's never too late to sign up for Extra Life to help sick and injured kids in hospitals around the US and Canada by playing games! Donations for 2019 are accepted year-round!
  17. Gordon Hayward, NBA All-Star and small forward of the Boston Celtics, loves games on and off the basketball court. He also love helping the kids in his community who look up to him as a role-model. That’s why for Game Day 2019, Hayward teamed up with Extra Life to game for Boston Children’s Hospital! Hayward has played for the Celtics since July 2017. A handful of minutes into the 2017 season opener, a faulty landing caused him to suffer a debilitating leg injury that put him out of commission for the year. As a result of the injury, Hayward needed multiple surgeries to get back into playing on the court. During his time recovering, he spent his downtime playing Overwatch and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. While stuck in a medical leg brace to help him heal from the surgery, he learned how helpful gaming can be while allowing the body to heal. That inspired him to get involved in Extra Life and help kids at Boston Children’s Hospital. “Gaming was a helpful distraction for me while rehabbing,” explained Hayward, “Gaming can be a distraction tool for kids while they're in the hospital, too. That's just one reason why I'm committed to helping the kids at Boston Children's Hospital.” Back in September, Hayward visited Boston Children's Hospital to spend time gaming with the kids. The visit made local Chicago news and kicked off the basketballer's push toward his Game Day stream on November 2. Everything Hayward raises through Extra Life will go to support Boston Children’s Hospital. He’s playing to build up the Every Child Fund's mission at Boston Children's. The Every Child Fund includes the Child Life Program that was designed to help children feel at home and comfortable in the hospital through fun activities, games, and more. The goal is to help kids heal faster by improving their environment and lifting their spirits. Hayward set up an Extra Life page and team for his Game Day streaming efforts. His goal for 2019? $10,000 USD! If you want to join Hayward on his mission to help the kids of Boston, donations are being taken throughout 2019. You can even start you own page and host your own event to raise money from your community to help kids in your local children’s hospital. It's never too late to sign up for Extra Life to help sick and injured kids in hospitals around the US and Canada by playing games! Donations for 2019 are accepted year-round! View full article
  18. Sure. I did a quick sample call: Python 3.7.4 (default, Jul 9 2019, 16:32:37) [GCC 9.1.1 20190503 (Red Hat 9.1.1-1)] on linux Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> import urllib.request >>> url="http://www.extra-life.org/api/participants/348774" >>> urllib.request.urlopen(url) Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 222, in urlopen return opener.open(url, data, timeout) File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 531, in open response = meth(req, response) File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 641, in http_response 'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs) File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 569, in error return self._call_chain(*args) File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 503, in _call_chain result = func(*args) File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 649, in http_error_default raise HTTPError(req.full_url, code, msg, hdrs, fp) urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden And if I visit that url in my browser it works. Now, the browser changes it to HTTPS, so I wanted to double-check that: >>> url="https://www.extra-life.org/api/participants/348774" >>> urllib.request.urlopen(url) Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 222, in urlopen return opener.open(url, data, timeout) File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 531, in open response = meth(req, response) File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 641, in http_response 'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs) File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 569, in error return self._call_chain(*args) File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 503, in _call_chain result = func(*args) File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 649, in http_error_default raise HTTPError(req.full_url, code, msg, hdrs, fp) urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden And just to make sure it's not my machine: >> url="https://www.github.com" >>> urllib.request.urlopen(url) <http.client.HTTPResponse object at 0x7f4ba7254f10> Thanks!
  19. Hey @djotaku, Can you share the endpoint and request headers you're furnishing with your call? Thanks!
  20. Hey there, Since the DDOS, my Python program is getting a 403 when trying to access the API. Is there something new that needs to be done?
  21. Greetings, @Alex Lewis! That is indeed the case right now, since the API is exclusively public and we consider that a "private" field to the fundraiser. We're working on adding support for authenticated requests to the API, but there's nothing firm with regards to a timetable. Sorry for the inconvenience (for now), Tim
  22. @Tim [DonorDrive] or others. Is it possible to pull out Fulfillment Notes out of an api or is the only way to get that info via the report?
  23. People tend to struggle with their mental health during the winter months. Shorter days, colder nights, and inclement weather all come together to form a potent cocktail. Those environmental can all encourage isolation, lethargy, and deprive us of precious vitamin D, all of which place additional stress on an individual's mental health. No one is immune from a struggle with mental health, not even the kids who come into Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. From the leadership at the top of CMNH to the bottom along with the people we work with in the hospitals themselves, everyone who works for the kids cares about mental health and well-being of the kids who need help. We recognize that exercise, socializing, and getting enough sunlight isn't enough to address the underlying mental illnesses that both kids and adults face. Therapy is sometimes necessary. Other times, patients need medication to address the underlying physical aspects of mental illness. One of the people in the Extra Life community who has been one of the most vocal advocates for mental health issues is Rooster Teeth host, voice actress, and Extra Lifer Caiti Ward. She has taken on the role of a mental health advocate by using her platform to share her journey from the perspective of someone who lives with mental illness. Her efforts have given a human face to conditions that often leave those who struggle with mental health feeling othered. Writing about her experiences graduating from an intensive therapy program in 2015, Ward said the following: I know that mental illness unfortunately still has a giant, belittling stigma associated with it, but I also know that one day it won’t. I choose to pretend today is that day, so I’m sharing my graduation of group therapy with you, because I am so proud of myself. There's no shame in struggling with your thoughts and feelings - and no shame reaching out for help. Everyone needs a little help sometimes. Mental illness, particularly depression, unfortunately affects so many of our youth. That's why we are happy that leaders in the community like Ward can come together to help those struggling in their local areas. The Rooster Teeth team has spent several years raising money for Dell Children's Hospital in Austin. One of their crowning achievements thus far has been a massive contribution to the facilities mental health ward that resulted in the opening of The Rooster Teeth Healing Garden last year. Rooster Teeth's annual Extra Life stream will be this weekend on November 9th. Caiti Ward and the wonderful people on the team will be streaming for 24 hours to make sure that Dell Children's Hospital (and this year Children's Hospital of Los Angeles) will be able to keep helping kids heal their bodies and their minds. You can join their team or donate to their overall goal via their Extra Life page or by purchasing exclusive merch during the stream from store.roosterteeth.com. It's never too late to sign up for Extra Life to help sick and injured kids in hospitals around the US and Canada by playing games! Donations for 2019 are accepted year-round! View full article
  24. People tend to struggle with their mental health during the winter months. Shorter days, colder nights, and inclement weather all come together to form a potent cocktail. Those environmental can all encourage isolation, lethargy, and deprive us of precious vitamin D, all of which place additional stress on an individual's mental health. No one is immune from a struggle with mental health, not even the kids who come into Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. From the leadership at the top of CMNH to the bottom along with the people we work with in the hospitals themselves, everyone who works for the kids cares about mental health and well-being of the kids who need help. We recognize that exercise, socializing, and getting enough sunlight isn't enough to address the underlying mental illnesses that both kids and adults face. Therapy is sometimes necessary. Other times, patients need medication to address the underlying physical aspects of mental illness. One of the people in the Extra Life community who has been one of the most vocal advocates for mental health issues is Rooster Teeth host, voice actress, and Extra Lifer Caiti Ward. She has taken on the role of a mental health advocate by using her platform to share her journey from the perspective of someone who lives with mental illness. Her efforts have given a human face to conditions that often leave those who struggle with mental health feeling othered. Writing about her experiences graduating from an intensive therapy program in 2015, Ward said the following: I know that mental illness unfortunately still has a giant, belittling stigma associated with it, but I also know that one day it won’t. I choose to pretend today is that day, so I’m sharing my graduation of group therapy with you, because I am so proud of myself. There's no shame in struggling with your thoughts and feelings - and no shame reaching out for help. Everyone needs a little help sometimes. Mental illness, particularly depression, unfortunately affects so many of our youth. That's why we are happy that leaders in the community like Ward can come together to help those struggling in their local areas. The Rooster Teeth team has spent several years raising money for Dell Children's Hospital in Austin. One of their crowning achievements thus far has been a massive contribution to the facilities mental health ward that resulted in the opening of The Rooster Teeth Healing Garden last year. Rooster Teeth's annual Extra Life stream will be this weekend on November 9th. Caiti Ward and the wonderful people on the team will be streaming for 24 hours to make sure that Dell Children's Hospital (and this year Children's Hospital of Los Angeles) will be able to keep helping kids heal their bodies and their minds. You can join their team or donate to their overall goal via their Extra Life page or by purchasing exclusive merch during the stream from store.roosterteeth.com. It's never too late to sign up for Extra Life to help sick and injured kids in hospitals around the US and Canada by playing games! Donations for 2019 are accepted year-round!
  25. This is fantastic! Is there a way to only use a portion of this? IE Use the donation tracker, but not the timer?
  26. Why not challenge all parties who are n the top 10 to increase their donations before the end of the year? I chance to double or even triple what they have already done this year?
  27. Thanks KavMac, and thanks for the Discord link as well. I'll see if I can get in there. It's a busy time around work, and around my own EL campaign, so I'm likely to put more efforts in AFTER the event. I do appreciate the hard work of both EL HQ and DD to make this all work, so I don't want to seem ungrateful. I just wanted to provide my 2 (Canadian) cents, in the hopes we can all help improve the products we use, to be more successful in the future
  1. Load more activity