International Tabletop Day - Board & Dice Games - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Xeserox

International Tabletop Day

I have to admit that I am honored to have a Friendly Local Game Store (FLGS) that allows me to hold events there, and also offers a ton of support with charity events. I have hosted 2 Extra Life events at my FLGS and they go out of their way to make sure we are set.

With that being said, International Tabletop Day is April 11. And I was curious to see if any other Extra Lifers were using the day to help get some donations as well as get people excited for Extra Life?

I ask, because I do planning on using that day as such. My FLGS asked me to run Tabletop Day to which I asked if I could have a mini Extra Life. One of the things the store is letting me do is take some left over stock of their games (things they no longer sell or support and already took as a loss) and raffle them off. Included in the items to be raffled are items from the promotional kit for tabletop day this year. All and any money raised by the raffles is being donated to Extra Life. How awesome is that?

So, is there any one else out here doing this? If so, what other ideas do you have for getting Extra Life donations, or even sign ups? Please, lets share ideas!

Cheers,

My team will probably be participating in Tabletop day on the 11th as well. We have a local game shop that might be able to help us host a tabletop gaming event. We don't have the specifics yet but once we do I can share with you! :D

We ended up raising $78 and received several people's emails for our mailing list! We are hoping they will sign up and join us! Here are some pictures from our event!

#TableTopDay Event 2015

I'm very proud of my Tabletop Day, and the store that I ran it in. I was only expecting like 15 people, I ended up with 40.

I was only expecting to raise $50 - $75, we raised $260. I beta tested a new way to do raffles for prizes and what have you. I ended up with a bunch of physical copies of games, so why not raffle them off for a good cause. People had fun doing the raffles, and I ended up raising a ton more money than I was expecting!

On the 8th March in every years is the Women's International day.What's your activities or exhibitions in your country?

Resurrecting this topic since International Tabletop day is April 30th. 

Anyone doing anything special this day?  

I am again running the event for my FLGS, except I am not allowed to use it to preview Extra Life this year.  They have another charity in the store that weekend, and to be honest the other charity is not anywhere near as noble as Extra Life in my eyes.  Though, I might not be able to raise some early funds this year, I am going to still sign people up for Extra Life!  

• Like 1

Our local comic book store is having an event at the public library.  We are hoping we can piggy back on that and have a table for Extra Life there.