Suggestions, requests, and other shenanigans - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Canadutchian

Suggestions, requests, and other shenanigans

Hey everyone!

I'm certain I won't be the first to mention some of these things, but I wanted to point out where I think the website can do better so I can have better tools to raise donations. Let's just dive right in:

As a Canadian, the site hurts me in various ways. Not being able to display goals in CAD dissuades people from donating. Even after explaining that there is no conversion if you donate in CAD using a Credit Card with a Canadian registered address, there are still people hesitant to donate. Removing this hurdle will bring in more donations.

While I love Milestones, you can only set them on your personal page. The team page would greatly benefit from also having Milestones added, as well as incentives.

Incentives need an option to purchase more than one. The event I run has limited seating, so I offer seat reservations for $1/hour. But there is no way for a donor to select that option 6x unless they make 6 $1 donations. We are getting around this by making a donation in an amount they desire, but once more; offering the option to buy multiples would greatly increase the interactions with incentives.

That's it for now, but I am sure to encounter more. This is not a nitpicking or complaining topic (although the USD vs CAD really does bother me) but the intent is to improve the site, to help me have an easier time raising donations!

Cheers,

Jeff, Team Captain of Dungeon and Swear Words

Edit: I can't even finish my profile here because there are no Canadian hospitals listed in the "I play for" dropdown...

Hey Jeff! Welcome!

as a Canadian guild leader (from the Ottawa guild!), please let me assure you that Extra Life and DonorDrive have heard our pleas for more Canadian dollar friendliness! we’re also working with DonorDrive on various ideas we’d love to have implemented. it’s still early days for incentives and milestones, but they’ve confirmed they’re working on things and open to feedback and suggestions! If you haven’t already, please join us on Discord! There’s a channel dedicated to DonorDrive, with direct access to their team! Take your list of ideas over there, and they’ll add them to the growing list to visit. I know one of the issues is getting both currencies to play together nicely, which is why we’re limited in this gradual roll out.

https://discord.gg/extralife4kids should let you hop right in!

Regarding completing your profile: it should allow you to select your corresponding hospital foundation - I was able to select mine. If not, send an email to support@extra-life dot org so they can take a look (you may get a response in here about that sooner, but it is the second day after Game Day so it may be quiet for a wee bit).

Cheers,

kavmac

• Like 1

Thanks KavMac, and thanks for the Discord link as well. I'll see if I can get in there. It's a busy time around work, and around my own EL campaign, so I'm likely to put more efforts in AFTER the event. I do appreciate the hard work of both EL HQ and DD to make this all work, so I don't want to seem ungrateful. I just wanted to provide my 2 (Canadian) cents, in the hopes we can all help improve the products we use, to be more successful in the future :D