Tax Deduction for Business Donors - Extra Life Q & A - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lanavarro

Tax Deduction for Business Donors

Question

My team is utilizing a local college's community room for Extra Life National Game Day.  There is a cost associated to the room so we have reached out to local businesses in hopes of having them pay for the usage of the facility.  We believe underwriting the event is our best way of approaching this matter, but wanted to get clarification for purposes of receiving a tax deduction.  Is this something that Extra Life has any knowledge on and how we can best approach it?  Thank you.

2 answers to this question

Hello @lanavarro!

If you know who the local Childrens Miracle Network Hospital in your area is.  And/or the Extra Life/Childrens Miracle Network Foundation Liaison is.  If not the latter part you can definitely call that hospital and ask for whom that person is is going to be your best bet.  If these details are not known the following link should help you get to that hospital/foundation erson.

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1111

Worst case there is emailing support@extra-life.org but chances should be pretty good your find your answer(s) from navigating the above link then the support email  As we approach gameday their ability to respond as quickly as other times of the year is most definitely/understandably affected.

Let me know if this help you find that person!

o/  ;)

Thanks @KnightHarbinger for the reply.

I've spoken to our CMN Coordinator for us here and she mentioned underwriting the event as the best way, but to also check in with Extra Life.

I will e-mail Extra Life support to see if they can provide me with the answers I need.  Thanks again!