10th Year - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content

I have been participating since 2010, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Is there any way to correct my profile from "9th year" to "10th year"?

Hehe, I know what you mean.  If there is a word for this I'd be curious to know.  But for the lack thereof I like to call it the strangeness of "Anniversary Math".

When you think of doing something in consecutive years the 0 in the tens, and hundreds for whose whom might have this problem in 2101, is always one year more than the "anniversary year".  Which is always the same year in the next decade/century.  So in short..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

o/  ;)

I agree many people struggle with the idea that you can't have an annual until you have two years in a row, and so there can't be a first annual. But this is not the case here. The fundraiser page clearly says "9th Year" but this is my 10th year.

I can see it they mean "anniversary".  Vs. "Annual".  ...  which.. ..is probably the same difference.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

o/ ;~)