Patchex

Question about the Sign up this year and the Link to our Donation pages.

Question

I signed up for this year today, yet when it asked about my Link name at the end... it would not let me use the link I have used for years... I always use my gamer tag, yet it said that link name was not available. So I had to add an S at the end. However when I checked the link it said it was not in use. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I might be able to fix it? 

3 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Patchex said:

I signed up for this year today, yet when it asked about my Link name at the end... it would not let me use the link I have used for years... I always use my gamer tag, yet it said that link name was not available. So I had to add an S at the end. However when I checked the link it said it was not in use. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I might be able to fix it? 

Thanks for the question! They will be released soon!

• Like 1

Hey Patchex,

What I have gotten in the habit of doing the last couple of years is just changing my custom participant URL link on December 31st so it doesn't get locked out and I can use it immediately when I sign up for the new year.

I just usually add the year at the end, like this: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/RealMillenniumGroup2018

Then when I sign up for the new year, my normal URL (without the year) isn't locked out and I don't have to change any instances of the link anywhere.

• Like 1

Thank you both... I did not understand what was going on... good to know it was not just me. Thanks for the link @Herobyclicking. I do not use Twitter or Facebook (waste of time and energy that could be spent on my children and gaming lol) so there is no way for me to have known that... maybe there should be or there is a note about that in this forum (besides my puzzled question lol... seems better then facebook and twitter, this forum would be the first place social managers would post important info.) Yet again thank you for letting me know, I appreciate it. Also Great idea @BJwyler... thanks for the tip... Ill try that.