3rd Annual 'Design our T for a Trip to E3' Contest! - Announcements - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sapience

3rd Annual 'Design our T for a Trip to E3' Contest!

We’re kicking off the “Design our T for a trip to E3” contest earlier than ever this year. The contest is simple - submit a design for the Official Extra Life 2015 Platinum T-shirt and if your design wins, you and your best bud get airfare, 2 nights at a nearby hotel and passes to E3 2015 as our special guest!

Full details are here: http://blog.extra-life.org/2015/02/3rd-annual-design-our-t-for-a-trip-to-e3-contest.html

Guest vttym

I have a great idea, but no artistic ability. I'd love to see it as a shirt (even if it's not the official winner!), and would certainly offer the second half of the E3 trip if anyone takes me up on it and we end up winning.

DM me here or find me on twitter (@vttym) if interested.

Guest vttym

Rather than sit on the idea, I'll post it here in hopes that someone can make it a reality:

It's kinda based on the image below. Someone playing a game on a big screen (that takes up most of the view), and hospital kids are in the TV, watching from the other side - inside the TV (or maybe around it if it's tough to pull off the reflection). Was even thinking of having CMN "Halos" behind/above their heads (yellow balloon with the red bucket), to signify they're angels, but don't want to make it seem like they've passed away.

Alternatively, it can feature just one kid... the one we all play for - Tori. The angel symbolism in that image would be more appropriate, and maybe less busy.

Again, I do not have the chops to pull this off, so I'm putting my idea out there in hopes that someone will take me up on this. If you wanted to do it for this contest, you might win an E3 trip. Either way, anyone out there that can pull this off?

img1.jpg

Guest vttym

Took to sketching this out. I am by no means an artist, as will soon be made apparent. The arms on the angel faded away when scanned; they're basically outstretched in a similar way as the player, and reach to the player's hands. With the limitations on colors, I had to try and differentiate the reflective angel by using soft lines vs. the hard lines of the foreground imagery. It may be that the 4th color used is a grey, so that it can further differentiate. I used the Tori angel photo for inspiration:

extra%20life.jpg

Also, I believe this is the 8th Extra Life, so the combo should be +8.

ELConcept2.jpg

Rather than sit on the idea, I'll post it here in hopes that someone can make it a reality:

It's kinda based on the image below. Someone playing a game on a big screen (that takes up most of the view), and hospital kids are in the TV, watching from the other side - inside the TV (or maybe around it if it's tough to pull off the reflection). Was even thinking of having CMN "Halos" behind/above their heads (yellow balloon with the red bucket), to signify they're angels, but don't want to make it seem like they've passed away.

Alternatively, it can feature just one kid... the one we all play for - Tori. The angel symbolism in that image would be more appropriate, and maybe less busy.

Again, I do not have the chops to pull this off, so I'm putting my idea out there in hopes that someone will take me up on this. If you wanted to do it for this contest, you might win an E3 trip. Either way, anyone out there that can pull this off?

img1.jpg

Considering that they design can only be 4 colors, I don't know how much of a possibility that might be, especially not on a shirt. I can work on something in my spare time and let you know how it goes, but it won't follow the shirt guidelines.

Guest vttym
Considering that they design can only be 4 colors, I don't know how much of a possibility that might be, especially not on a shirt. I can work on something in my spare time and let you know how it goes, but it won't follow the shirt guidelines.

Understood - the 4 color limitation is a real struggle.. I actually was able to have someone take a stab at it (and stay within the guidelines of the contest) - she had a pretty impressive first copy of it, and is trying to make it work. I'm really curious to see how it comes out (and would love to see it outside the scope of the contest, where real depth and color can be leveraged).

I'm thankful for anyone who wants to take a stab at it - I loved the idea, but, as you can see, have no ability to execute :)

Guest vttym

Her shirt didn't make the final cut, but @AshleyBauer2489 took an admirable stab at making this a reality, working within the confines of the requirements (the 4 color one in particular). Just wanted to recognize her for that, since I had put the call out.

Here's what she put together:

elshirt.png

Wow! That's super well done! Great job, Ashley! You know, now that the contest is over, maybe we could just go all out and turn this into an Extra Life campaign poster? You wouldn't have to stay within any guidelines and could probably use photo manipulation software to pump this out pretty easy.

Her shirt didn't make the final cut, but @AshleyBauer2489 took an admirable stab at making this a reality, working within the confines of the requirements (the 4 color one in particular). Just wanted to recognize her for that, since I had put the call out.

Here's what she put together:

elshirt.png

She did an awesome job!