Sign in to follow this  
Jack Gardner

Gaming News:Kinda Funny Games Showcase Features Over 60 Games This Weekend

KF_Logo_800_Art_grande-970.jpg

Growing out of a group of podcasters who left IGN, Kinda Funny Games has become something of a force in the game industry due to the popularity of their shows and the massive support of their fans through Patreon. The lovable presence of Greg Miller, Nick Scarpino, and Tim Gettys has fueled their rise - along with a keen sense of when to seize an opportunity. When Sony announced that the PlayStation Experience would not be happening this year, the team began crafting their own industry show to fill the void the indie-oriented PSX had left behind.

“I’ve always loved how Geoff’s Game Awards dovetail with PlayStation’s PSX. The Game Awards take care of all the huge news, announcements, and trailers, and then PSX offers a lower key, fan/dev-focused event where other — often smaller — games can shine. With it taking 2018 off, we thought it would be a great opportunity to take it upon ourselves to offer game makers a platform to celebrate their work.” said Greg Miller one of the co-hosts of the Kinda Funny podcast. And what a celebration they have planned.

The showcase will make a splash having lined up over 60 titles to share with the world during the hour-long Twitch livestream. Several titles shown during the broadcast will be released to the world simultaneously, which certainly lends the showcase an extra bit of intrigue. So far Sega, Humble Bundle, Devolver Digital, Drinkbox Studios, and Bithell Games have all confirmed to be attending and bringing something (or perhaps multiple somethings) to present to the world. 

“The whole Kinda Funny team are champions of positivity and kindness within games culture,” said Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone, Volume). “When Greg told me they were working on a showcase to celebrate games and those who make and play them, I jumped at the chance to be a part of it. I can’t wait to see what they’ve made, and I can’t wait to share a fun surprise with their fantastic community.”

You can catch the Kinda Funny Games Showcase this Saturday, December 8, at 10 AM on the company's Twitch channel. 

Don't forget to sign up for Extra Life to help sick and injured kids in hospitals around the US and Canada by playing games!

View full article