Extra Life profile has image compressed. Is there a way to embed via a link? - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rebo

Extra Life profile has image compressed. Is there a way to embed via a link?

Hey all,

This year something changed in the Extra Life profile and I can't seem to upload a full quality image. 

https://i.imgur.com/MI3fbyl.jpg

You used to be able to just point the page to an imgur link. Now it's trying to upload it to Extra Life to manage, but in doing so it completely compresses it.  

Is there any way I can get this to work properly? I somehow found a work around before, but after updating my image I can't seem to get it now.

Thanks!

Heya @rebo!

I assume you have also tried uploading the image to the Extra Life WebUI after having downloaded it to your computer first?  In the past I would have problems with certain kinds of images.  Namely one of the fancier types with transparent background or something.  Make it bleed down real bad like a pixelated waterfall of sorts.  In using one with a solid white background it worked better.  I haven't messed with direct url image importation in a long time though.  Barring any input from some others you might find some official words on image specs from Extra Life Support.

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.contactUs
-o-
support@extra-life.org

o/  ;)