Scaled processing fees for Canadian donations? - Extra Life Q & A - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
TheLostSkeleton

Scaled processing fees for Canadian donations?

Question

So, I am super excited about Canadian credit cards being processed this year! However... it seems like processing fees are scaling to the amount donated.  Someone donated $200 and the processing fee displayed as $14.  My friend tested a $50 donation and the processing fee was $3.50.  This is not appealing to my donors! Is it just a bug with the new system? 

• Confused 1

2 answers to this question

On 11/2/2018 at 1:04 PM, TheLostSkeleton said:

So, I am super excited about Canadian credit cards being processed this year! However... it seems like processing fees are scaling to the amount donated.  Someone donated $200 and the processing fee displayed as $14.  My friend tested a $50 donation and the processing fee was $3.50.  This is not appealing to my donors! Is it just a bug with the new system? 

Hey @TheLostSkeleton!

Thanks for your question! Processing fees on the platform are based on the amount of the actual donation, though payment of those fees are always 100% optional on the part of the donor. Regardless of whether fee is paid or not, the receiving hospital will always see 100% of the intended donation. 

• Like 1