What's your GAMEplan for game day? - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wcKennyme

What's your GAMEplan for game day?

We have about 17 people getting together under one roof for our marathon (which usually gets extended to around 30 hours because it's amazing!).  A private facebook page was set up for those attending with a google.doc to help organize who is bringing what food/tables/games/chairs/etc...

This year we are starting the night with a 2 hour fully interactive murder-mystery game for all players!  The focus will then switch to board games (if you aren't aware, thinking board games are "Scattegories, Catan, or Monopoly".... that is like thinking video games are "Duck Hunt, Crash Bandicoot, and Pong".  Board games have evolved just as much as video games-- check out BLOOD RAGE if you don't know ?).  We will have a supply of approximately 130 board games to choose from at our event.  We also have downgraded to 1 console for video-gaming system (for a few group video games) because we have found video games reduce sociability, fun, and tend to make you much more tired.

Food will include chicken skewers, homemade meatballs, veggie trays, spicy chicken, bratwurst, cereals, various breakfast meats, nutrient bars, pretzels, flavored seltzer waters, juices, water, and various other snacks.  We've done this 6 years now and found that eating "meals" is WAY better, energizing, and much more beneficial than just snacking on chips and candy.

I, personally, am hoping to get into some games of Blood Rage, Roll Player, 7 Wonders, Terraforming Mars, Kingsburg, Captain Sonar, and many more!  What do you guys have planned for game day?

I have a group of people coming over as well. We start at 6am Saturday EST and try to push till 6am Sunday. we are going to start off with a LAN party of COD and PUBG. As college football kicks in we'll switch over to some board games and tabletop action. Tons of food and fun for the whole day. 

Blood Rage is a fantastic game!  As for me, I've got a long day ahead of me on November 3.

Setup will start around 8:30. We need to hook up consoles, do sound checks, eat SOMEthing, and then help the game store open.  We're working with a local game shop this year, they're providing the space for our event.  They open at 10:00, which is when we go live.  Then it's 10 hours of Dance Dance Revolution, live on stream, non stop.  Wish us luck!