mish

Facebook Fundraisers?

Does anyone have any experience with Facebook's new-ish Fundraising platform and EL/CMN integration?  I'm wondering if there's a way to configure Facebook to point to my personal donation page so that donations made through Facebook are logged to my EL page (to show progress) and the total fundraising amount would also be visible on Facebook and update. If someone makes a donation on my EL page, it'd be awesome if that donation was reflected on Facebook as well!

45 minutes ago, mish said:

Does anyone have any experience with Facebook's new-ish Fundraising platform and EL/CMN integration?  I'm wondering if there's a way to configure Facebook to point to my personal donation page so that donations made through Facebook are logged to my EL page (to show progress) and the total fundraising amount would also be visible on Facebook and update. If someone makes a donation on my EL page, it'd be awesome if that donation was reflected on Facebook as well!

Hey Mish!

Thanks for the post and suggestion. This not currently an integration available, but I'll add this to a potential feature request for future consideration!

• Like 1

I have a follow up to the above users question, I am guessing it would not be appropriate to collect the funds personally through Facebook and then make that payment through the Extra Life site? I know the tax deductions may not be available in that case but the Facebook fundraising tool is extremely effective. Every one I have seen from my friends list makes its goal. 

36 minutes ago, DrQuantum said:

I have a follow up to the above users question, I am guessing it would not be appropriate to collect the funds personally through Facebook and then make that payment through the Extra Life site? I know the tax deductions may not be available in that case but the Facebook fundraising tool is extremely effective. Every one I have seen from my friends list makes its goal. 

It's not recommended that you collect funds in that manner but to use the the participant page or the mobile fundraising application to engage your friends and family! We realize the appeal and are looking into the possibility of using the Facebook fundraising integration for future campaigns.