Sign in to follow this  
iambrooke_

Why I Extra Life:I Extra Life to One Day Help Save Someone's Son, Daughter, Mother or Father.

Screen-Shot-2018-09-17-at-4.32.32-PM.png

I've had three grandparents pass away due to cancer, and my hope and prayer is that projects like Extra Life and Folding @ Home will one day help save someone's son, daughter, mother, or father from cancer.

I joined Extra Life last year after hearing about my friend Brad Senkovich who has done it for years.

Last year I joined his team, but this year I'm trying to get my whole squadron to join! (I'm active duty military and I'm navigating the fundraising process as we speak. I'd love to see my whole base join in someday, but for now I am starting at a more realistic goal...) I'm playing for the Children's Hospital Colorado at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Denver, CO.

Twitter-Shared-Image-900x450-—-EL-GEN-Tr

My game of choice? Too many to count! But my son and I love builder/crafter games like Minecraft, Portal Knights, Terraria, and Starbound. And I love playing RPGs with my wife like Final Fantasy 14.

My motto? "Speak for the silent. Stand for the broken." Love what you guys are doing! Keep up the good work!

GameDay_TW_900x450_2018.jpg

This post was submitted through Extra Life's Why I Extra Life by Extra Lifer Nate Swanson playing for Children's Hospital of Colorado. You can learn more about Extra Life at extra-life.org

View full article