Podcast:The Best Games Period - Honorable Mention - My Horse Prince - Announcements - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jack Gardner

Podcast:The Best Games Period - Honorable Mention - My Horse Prince

39047146_2116481065037911_844868291015999488_n-970.jpg

If you want weird games, the developers at Usaya have you covered. One of their most prized creations stars a young woman who encounters a freakish monster that can only loosely be considered a horse, but possesses the head of a man. It also happens to be a dating simulator (with quite a few microtransactions). Fittingly, Usaya titled their strange, horrific creation, "My Horse Prince." It has amassed something of an underground cult following as an oddity on mobile devices, and, hey, we even prominently featured My Horse Prince in an article about Usaya a while back. 

While not even remotely one of the best games of all-time, its profound weirdness at least deserves a look.

With schedules being what they are, sometimes coordinating a full episode of The Best Games Period can be difficult. When we can't have a proper discussion, we will be breaking off to do these shorter mini-casts, Honorable Mentions, to talk about fringe games that we might not otherwise be able to talk about on a full episode.

Outro music: Shovel Knight 'Digging into Memories' by Jorito, Furorezu, and Stephen Kelly (http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR03769)

You can download or listen to the podcast over on Soundcloud, our hosting site, and iTunes. A YouTube version is available as well, so you can watch what we are talking about while we talk about it!

If you want to have your opinion heard on air, share your opinion in the comments, follow the show on Twitter, and participate in the weekly polls: @BestGamesPeriod 

New episodes of The Best Games Period will be released every Monday

Don't forget to sign up for Extra Life to help sick and injured kids in hospitals around the US and Canada by playing games!

View full article