azBrian

Donation Percentage

Question

The default profile page says 100% of the donation goes to the local hospital... however I'm a skeptic and wanted to find out if truly 100% of each dollar given makes it to the hospital (besides the transaction cost that the donor might not cover).

charitynavigator.org puts it at more like 90% (which is damn good honestly) but that is for the parent org, Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.

3 answers to this question

Hello.  I believe 100% does go towards the hosptils. I think the only case where it does not would be when you sign up for a Platinum membership.  @herobyclicking would possibly know more if it is not.

10 hours ago, CAWZY said:

Hello.  I believe 100% does go towards the hosptils. I think the only case where it does not would be when you sign up for a Platinum membership.  @herobyclicking would possibly know more if it is not.

We definitely appreciate the cautious attitude and questions. Regarding how Extra Life functions, it is as we say, the hospital sees the entirety of the donations made to it's participants. 

The amount of the donation made to an Extra Life participant is always made to the hospital that they support! The fee is not deducted from the donation, but covered by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. 

The $19 fee to upgrade your account helps offset the cost of the actual incentives you receive when you reach fundraising milestones (t-shirt, sticker, medals, etc). 

If you have any further questions or concerns your can see our financial information here: https://childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/financials/ or send inquiries to support@cmnhospitals.org!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply.

That's really great that this program is able to pass on 100% to the hospitals!

• Like 1