Moving Forward - Detroit, MI - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jaythedeuce

Moving Forward

So with the guild launch a success, it seems as if the next logical step would be to find an adequate meeting place and date (and time) to hold meetings. Maybe I'm jumping the gun but I would love to see a pro-active approach to this to ensure success. I don't know how convenient the Ann Arbor area is for everyone, but it seems to be a very "gamer friendly" area. I'll also cast a vote for a wednesday/Thursday meeting days. Just my two cents before we head into the new week.

Same here. My work schedule is a little tough to break. Not sure If I could actually make the meetings all the time, unless its on the weekend. But I would deff. try to make them. if I cant, Im sure you guys would fill me on on what was discussed.

Hello all,

It was a pleasure meeting so many gamers looking to make a difference in the community, I know together we can make great things happen.

Going forward Wednesday evenings would work great for me (Thursdays work too, but I decided to lean a bit more towards Wednesdays for now)

I currently reside in Ypsi so Ann Arbor works great for me, would Digital Ops be ok with hosting our monthly meetings? If not Espresso Royale on Main St. is pretty spacious has wifi and comfy couches. My work also has a "party room" I'm sure we could utilize (We rarely get birthday parties during the week) It holds about 20-25 people.

Don't want to run on too long with this post, those are just a few ideas, I know there's plenty of places we can meet each month, and I don't mind driving out to Detroit/carpooling.

All the best.

-TM

I can make almost any night but making a trip out to Ann Arbor on a weekly basis will be costly for me. I don't known where most people are located but maybe two locations that we alternate on might be a good idea.

Hey Guys,

I will check with Digital Ops to see if they are cool with hosting and what not. I would much prefer Wednesdays over Thursday because I have class on Thursday nights. I will let you know what they say ;)

I second Wednesdays in the Ann Arbor/ Ypsilanti area. Thursdays I have classes from 3:00-9:30pm

Kaker: Doesn't the main guy (Always forget his name >_<) of DigiOps not work Wednesdays? I am just worried we might inconvenience them....but of course, totally worth asking! :D

I personally would love to meet at different places for every meet, that way we get a bigger idea of our local businesses and its a great way for local businesses to know about us. :)

Well it seems wednesday's in Ann arbor seem to be the most popular choice as of now. Do we want to set a date for our next meeting? Perhaps March 18th?

Digital Ops said they are happy to host our monthly meetings :D We just have to agree on a time that works for most of us and I will contact Ops. So far I am seeing votes for the 25th might be more realistic time-wise...LMK