Sign in to follow this  
Amy

Most comfortable chair?

I'm looking ahead already at this year's Extra Life, so I'm hoping to see if anyone out there has a good gaming chair recommendation for the event.

Last year my office chair became pretty uncomfortable (the seat padding is getting flat) so it's time for an upgrade.

I do understand sitting that long will be uncomfortable no matter what... but I'm hoping for a good recommendation.

Prefer something $200 or less since I'm on a tight budget, but will consider saving up for something better if it's crazy worth it.

Thanks! <3 

Well a good chair is something important if you will play during a long session. Previous year I had a simple chair and when I played a lot, I had an important pain in my back. This year I'm using a DX racer chair and there's much difference. I know they're expensive but health is first. Don't forget your stretching exercises, break, etc. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

So I'll weigh in here.

I'm 6'0", 240ish.  I first went to find a larger chair, one fit for someone my height in particular, but I also have broad shoulders, so chairs built for smaller people aren't ideal.  I found the Kinsal Big and Tall, and at first thought I had found a great chair.  It was maybe even a bit oversized for me, but quite comfortable and seemingly high quality.  For the first day.  Day two, I leaned on an armrest as I stood up and it snapped off in my hand.  The plastic that it was mounted on just broke.  I tore my arm open in the process, scraping the hell out of it.  Okay, maybe a bad part, I'll figure out how to reattach it and reinforce it and just not lean on that side.  48 hours later, the same thing happened with the other arm, all while I was actually trying to NOT lean on it.  To hell with that chair.  $200 down the drain.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJ2DQJY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I next ordered a SEATZONE Smile Face Series.  It arrived, and whereas the Kinsal was oversized even for me, this thing was just tiny.  Thankfully, my wife is 5'6", and this chair fit her perfectly.  It was just super low for me, like I sat in it and with my feet on the floor my thighs hardly touched the seat.  For her, it's the first office-style or gaming style chair she's ever sat in that allows her feet to rest comfortably on the floor in.  She loves it.  The quality isn't spectacular--the leather rubbed through after just a few months, from her turning the chair when she gets up and letting it hit her desk.  Besides that though, it's a great chair for a smaller person.  It's also quite affordable at $100.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07314MWJN/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Finally, I got myself a DX Racer Formula Series.  The $300 pricetag made me choke a bit, but at that point I was still riding the Kinsal with jagged sharp plastic armrest stubs that cut my arms anytime I forgot and leaned on them.  The first difference here for me was that unlike previous chairs I'd had, there's no leather, it's all upholstered.  I was skeptical and decided very quickly that I love it.  Granted, if I spill on it it will stain, but it's so much better for long haul gaming.  Without getting too graphic, extended marathons sitting in leather chairs when it's warm in the house causes issues.  The upholstery is just super comfortable.  The size is almost perfect.  My ONLY gripe with the chair at all actually is that it sits about 2 inches lower than I'd like it to.  I've been tempted to see if I can't take the base from the Kinsal which is still rotting in my garage, and swap it out to lift this one a few more inches.  Even still, I love this chair and am probably a DX Racer loyalist from here on.  Oh, the other thing to note--those gray footpad deals on the base pop out easily.  If like me, you rest your feet on them a lot, and like me, often are wearing shoes at your desk, you WILL knock them off.  They snap right back on, but it's a minor annoyance at times.  Still not remotely a dealbreaker.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079GS34DS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1