Sign in to follow this  
TheGiant

Do you use the mailing list option?

For me, using the email feature has been what works the best. If I could boil it down to a few tips, it would be this, just be you. Write about you, write about your fundraising, give them updates occasionally when the total raised rises occasionally.

And most of all, if someone replies and asks to be taken of the list, a friend, a coworker, a former neighbor. I would recommend you try not to take it personally, which is easier said than done. I'm dealing with that at the moment, and that's why I am writing this. It's ok, take them off, apologize if you want to, and move forward. Remember we are doing a great thing here. Some people just get too much email, or they already do a lot of charity work, there could be any number of reasons they ask to be taken off your list.

Of course, it's not the same for everyone, what works depends on your audience. For some people Twitter, Facebook or whatever might be what works best for you. If it works for you, do that.

• Like 2

Good advice, getting donations is difficult but we're doing something really important. Consistency is the secret, we can find people doesn't want to participate and is ok. We need to continue finding others Extra Lifers. #FTK

• Like 1

I use it pretty sparingly myself.  Mainly for the major parts of the year where the new year starts and I've formed the next year's team.  And then again towards the middle of the year as game day starts to be coming over the horizon.  After that I usually keep my email comms to team members only.  Barring any exceptional occurrences/outcomes that I think the greater email list I have might be interested in.

Most of my time is spent managing my team and planning for game day.  So I don't really have the wherewithal to take the approach that @TheGianttakes that would be sincere.  But otherwise great words to adhere by.  It never occurred too much that someone might reach out to you to ask to be removed.  Due mainly to the assumption there was a means provided on the back end of the emailing system.  But none the less again as Mr. @TheGiant says take'em off.  You can't force these things.  No harm no foul.

o/  ;)

20 hours ago, KnightHarbinger said:

It never occurred too much that someone might reach out to you to ask to be removed.  Due mainly to the assumption there was a means provided on the back end of the emailing system.  But none the less again as Mr. @TheGiant says take'em off.  You can't force these things.  No harm no foul.

Sometimes people just don't pay attention, or they find it easier to click reply instead of finding the unsubscribe button, so occasionally I also try to remind them it exists.