I know it's kinda late and we're only a month away from ELU now, but I was hoping for some ideas of what to bring to the pin exchange. I wasn't there early enough last year for the pin exchange and I definitely want to make it this year. I've tried searching for various things (like magnets, keychains, pins) but I can't find anything that's not prohibitively expensive to order 30 of.

2 hours ago, waterboysh said:

I know it's kinda late and we're only a month away from ELU now, but I was hoping for some ideas of what to bring to the pin exchange. I wasn't there early enough last year for the pin exchange and I definitely want to make it this year. I've tried searching for various things (like magnets, keychains, pins) but I can't find anything that's not prohibitively expensive to order 30 of.

If you find a solution LET EVERYONE KNOW.. ;0 ;~)

o/  ;)

Well, I should have just asked my wife to begin with. I searched for a while and didn't find anything I liked, but after like 5 minutes she found these 1up mushroom charms on Etsy. 6 for $3.48 is pretty good, so I ordered a few of those and some key rings to attach to them. The key rings comes in a pack of 100. I might order a few more of the 1up charms to give out as a gift when people sign up for Extra Life at the events we go to.

Hopefully this thread will be helpful for anyone else looking for ideas. I was specifically looking for something that was the Mario 1-up mushroom. Now that I know I should have been searching for a "charm" I see a bunch of stuff on Etsy for less than a $1 each.

• Like 1

Hey yeah!  Those are nice finds!  And you're right.. ..a quick "mario charms" search turns up https://www.etsy.com/listing/571468769/set-of-5-super-cute-mario-enamel-metal?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=mario charms&ref=sr_gallery-1-4.  Which aren't SUPER, if you will, but seem pretty ok/good enough for mass happy fun hand outy things.

o/  ;)

We have some really sweet bracelets that one of our community partners had made up for us a few years back. We still have a ton, so I'm thinking about bringing those. Do each of us need to have something for the exchange?