Sign in to follow this  
TheGiant

NES (and NES homebrew)

Who still plays and collects NES games? I do.

If you didn't know already, there's actually a number of new NES games that exist, or are under development. Some people even design and build new NES hardware, like the guy over at RetroUSB. I actually have one of his AVS consoles which I will probably be using to stream NES games on Twitch in a month or so.

There's even a documentary on Amazon about the making of a homebrew NES game, the documentary is called The New 8-bit Heroes The team behind the game have even been working on software that allows anyone to make an NES game without prior knowledge of assembly programming, called NESmaker,which is on Kickstarter right now. I actually met the guy behind both at the same event where I got recruited for Extra Life, and I personally own, an early release/beta of his game on an NES cart.

Check out what I found today. It's NES "demake" of Desert Bus and it's a free NES Rom which will likely run with RetroArch which I linked in the emulation thread.

it will probably also work on a console with a flash cart.

NESertBus

Get it? Lol

• Haha 1