Sign in to follow this  
KnightHarbinger

MiracleTab - #FTKC0iN (XMR Web-Cryptocoin Miner)

Something *really cool* the Innovation Team at Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals has been working on and is currently in testing!

image.png.37f9f23c04b356ee5a6bddb96311c66c.png

We’re mining crypto currency! Raise money just by keeping a browser tab open on your computer!

And to clarify this is CMN and not exclusive to Extra Life.

http://miracletab.org/

o/  ;)

• Like 2

Yeah, its in testing right now.  And edited the first post to make clear its a CMN wide effort and not exclusive to Extra Life.

Full disclosure and such things in case it may not have been apparent to all.

I would say, be careful, especially on a laptop. All mining can tax a processor and generate a lot of heat. I do sometimes run other miners in the browser, on my gaming laptop but when I do I shut it down after a few hours to let it cool off.

It IS though a good way to generate some extra funds for CMN, and that is always a good thing.

On 2/3/2018 at 11:25 AM, TheGiant said:

I would say, be careful, especially on a laptop. All mining can tax a processor and generate a lot of heat. I do sometimes run other miners in the browser, on my gaming laptop but when I do I shut it down after a few hours to let it cool off.

It IS though a good way to generate some extra funds for CMN, and that is always a good thing.

Yeah, if gaming doesn't already expose any flaws in your computer's cooling system grid computing (Seti@Home, BOINC, etc.) or any manner of CPU based cryptocurreny mining will surely uncover it.  If not within a day or so.  ;~)

I won't weigh in on whether one should shutdown their computer or not.  That's a no win conversation other than agreeing to disagree.  ;0 ;~)

o/  ;)

On 2/5/2018 at 1:41 PM, KnightHarbinger said:

Yeah, if gaming doesn't already expose any flaws in your computer's cooling system grid computing (Seti@Home, BOINC, etc.) or any manner of CPU based cryptocurreny mining will surely uncover it.  If not within a day or so.  ;~)

I won't weigh in on whether one should shutdown their computer or not.  That's a no win conversation other than agreeing to disagree.  ;0 ;~)

o/  ;)

Heh, yeah, ok. You don't have to weigh in. Most of my machines, especially the ones at work stay on all the time. As far as my laptop though, there's a driver glitch that makes screen go all weird if I let it go into standby, so I have to reboot it anyway, I think rolling back the drivers should fix it, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

3 hours ago, TheGiant said:

Heh, yeah, ok. You don't have to weigh in. Most of my machines, especially the ones at work stay on all the time. As far as my laptop though, there's a driver glitch that makes screen go all weird if I let it go into standby, so I have to reboot it anyway, I think rolling back the drivers should fix it, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

We are also talking about "Windows Power Management".  Never been a fan.  ;~)

o/  ;)

8 hours ago, KnightHarbinger said:

We are also talking about "Windows Power Management".  Never been a fan.  ;~)

o/  ;)

Oh, right, yeah, that.

bleh