Gaming News:Atlus Japan Releases First Look at Persona 5 Gameplay - Announcements - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jack Gardner

Gaming News:Atlus Japan Releases First Look at Persona 5 Gameplay

persona-5-trailer-10-970.jpg

I don't know much about the Persona series except that people have been bugging me to play it for years, so I can't offer much insight into this particular trailer. All I can say is that the trailer really makes me want to play a chill, groovy JRPG. 

The funky trailer released today shows off cutscenes and gameplay, both in and out of battle. The trailer highlights what might be presumed to be the main character and three of his companions (one of which appears to be a magic cat?). We see them in combat, where they all wear masks of some sort, perhaps playing into a theme regarding personas? Atlus also demonstrates world traversal and how moving outside of combat will work. We also get glimpses of a medical supplier and a military arms dealer, which I presume are vendors that you can buy stuff from in-game. 

While Persona 5 will be hitting Japan soon, it is still scheduled for a 2015 North American release on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. 

View full article