herobyclicking

"I'm going to Extra Life United 2018" Thread

It's here! This is the place to let others in the community know that you are joining us in Orlando, FL to play games with other charity gamers, learn best practices from each other and to connect with the kids and families you play for!

Post here to find others who are going, coordinate travel, share photos and memories, and whatever else you'd like to talk about related to your upcoming trip to Orlando.

Have you registered for Extra Life United 2018? 

https://www.extra-life.org/united

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/14/2017 at 10:52 AM, pwolter0 said:

First year going! I'm so excited. 

Welcome aboard! ELU is definitely a life changing experience. You're going to meet so many amazing people, learn so much amazing stuff, and leave as a more amazing Extra Life gamer.

• Like 4

Looking forward to getting back down to Florida for the 4th time and having a great time. 

• Like 3

First time going, bringing @Descrier along with me. We are hoping to spend a few extra days doing stuff some what locally. Does anyone have any recommendations on what we should see or do? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxRacingGurl said:

First time going, bringing @Descrier along with me. We are hoping to spend a few extra days doing stuff some what locally. Does anyone have any recommendations on what we should see or do? 

If I had extra time I'd wanna have a 24hr Non-Stop PC/Console LAN Parteh in the hotel room!! ;0~~ ;~)

o/  ;)

• Like 3

I'll be going for my 2nd year. Just out of curiosity, when will most people be getting there? It looks like ELU itself will be Wednesday - Saturday. Anyone getting there a day early to use their Disney pass? Last year I only showed the evening before the tournament started so I missed out on the pin exchange and all the other fun stuff. I don't want to miss out on the fun this year. I am also going to make a post in the room sharing thread. I have a car, so that should make me popular... lol.

• Like 2

Signed up and ready for my second ELU! Can't wait to see all your beautiful faces again, or for the first time! Hopefully I find another Miami member to come along with me! 

• Like 4

Ummmm sup? 2018 coming atcha!

• Like 4

WOOT! 2nd year for me! I'll be in Orlando from the 3rd to the 13th, so if anyone wants to meet up and hit some parks, let's do it! :D

• Like 4

2 hours ago, allthewayj said:

WOOT! 2nd year for me! I'll be in Orlando from the 3rd to the 13th, so if anyone wants to meet up and hit some parks, let's do it! :D

I totally need to bring cookies now. By yourself this year or you bringing the husband?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, herobyclicking said:

I totally need to bring cookies now. By yourself this year or you bringing the husband?

WOOOO COOKIES! Yep, husband is coming too. He's playing this year, signing him up this weekend! :D

• Like 4

After much blood sweat and tears trying to work out logistics, it started to look impossible for a while there... I'm sure most of you have an inkling of how it feels, but I was downright heartbroken when it looked like we wouldn't make it! 

I'm happy to say though, we are all booked and ready to go. We will officially be back for our 4th ELU, and I really really can't wait for the family reunion!

I'M SO FREAKIN' THANKFUL AND EXCITED! GAME ON!

As a side note, I heard a rumor that the Pin Exchange will be different this year? I'd like to know what changed because I usually place an order for custom buttons for the kids about this time. Any way we could get a count on how many buttons/pins/whatevers we'd need? @herobyclicking? Bueller?

• Like 3

On 1/22/2018 at 5:58 AM, K8Morosky said:

As a side note, I heard a rumor that the Pin Exchange will be different this year? I'd like to know what changed because I usually place an order for custom buttons for the kids about this time. Any way we could get a count on how many buttons/pins/whatevers we'd need? @herobyclicking? Bueller?

Sorry for the delayed response!

Like every year, things are a bit different. You'll be safe if you bring between 30-40 pieces to share with the kiddos, you'll have plenty. More info to come!

• Thanks 1

Myself and @kylez0rz from the Jacksonville Guild will be making our trek down for the first time! 

• Like 2

I'd like to add that @LaTwan Holland will be coming down with us from the Jax Guild, as well. It will also be his first time. 

• Like 1