Sign in to follow this  
LeopoldKain

Donate Anything and Game

I found success using the idea of Donate any amount and hang out and play video games. Then your Extra Life event can become a community event.

That'll be cool. Maybe have a few people donate items to the event and have people win them as prizes. Just a little bit more incentive to play and donate =P

That's similar to the house party with cover charge (Extra Life donation) I've heard some gamers doing.

I've been toying with the idea of doing a bigger event but it doesn't look like it'll happen this year. Hopefully in 2015.

How do you manage something like security for an event where folks can just drop in? Or are you talking a much smaller event where only friends are invited?

The main problem I am having with putting an event together in my area is getting people together to help with it. I'm pretty sure my rep at the hospital has written off this year for an official hospital event involving extra life. Even if you have an event during the marathon where people can come, hang out, game, eat food.....I think you are going to generate $$$. My other issue is that I have NEVER set up anything like that, so I have really no idea how to start out to set it up.