LXTerror

Guild Introductions

Hi All,

I know we churned through some intros at the event and a few of us replied to the previous thread but I wanted to get an official thread going for it.

Name: Trevor Brimson

Years Doing Extra-Life: This is my 5th year

Why I Extra-Life: I extra-life for my two daughters who have both spent time at CMN hospitals both here in London and Ottawa.

Team(if any): Grumpy Old Gamers

Other "Stuff": Hoping to be a driving force this year for growing the Extra-Life movement here in town. We have a huge opportunity in London and area and I hope we can capitalize on it as a group this year.

Thanks,

Trevor Brimson

Name: Lisa Desgroseilliers (Lisa D is fine)

Years Doing Extra-Life: This is my 2nd year

Why I Extra-Life: I extra-life to give back to Sick Kids in Toronto because without sick kids, I may not be alive today. At 7, I got a benign brain tumor removed. I want to give back as much as I can.

Team(if any): A She and She Mystery

Other "Stuff": Great to meet more avid gamers like me and who are very passionate about helping Sick Children's Hospital. Want this entire town to know about Extra Life

Name: Jacob McCourt

Years Doing Extra-Life: 2015 is my 4th year

Why I Extra-Life: I know it sounds lame, but it's a bird that kills two stones. I have a huge get-together a every year where friends and I game for 24 hours... all to raise money to benefit Children's Health Foundation, how can you go wrong?

Team(if any): Giant Bomb (looking at making my own team this year)

Other "Stuff": Cities that get guilds tend to have a huge growth spike in the first year "with guild". Let's be part of that statistic. :)

Name: Suzanne Henry

Why I Extra-Life: I love gaming and I love kids! So it was a no-brainer to join Extra Life. Victoria Hospital has saved many wonderful kids I know through the Children's Miracle Network and I am happy to give back.

Team(if any): Defiantly Gaming

Other "Stuff": I am really excited to be part of the guild. I am very passionate about this and so is my team. We are looking forward to beating last years numbers!

Name: Scotty Mo

Years doing Extra Life: I've been supporting extra lifers for 4 years but just started raising money myself in December.

Why I extra Life: I can have fun and help kids why not?

Team: TwitchClub

Other: you can watch all my regular extra life streams and all my Marathons on twitch.tv/montscot832 also I do not live in the London area but i grew up there.

I am doing 15 extra life gaming marathons in 2016 including one every month.

Name: Jon Pilon (AKA Pylawn)

Years doing Extra Life: This is my 5th year!! 

Why I Extra Life: Working in the games industry, I have seen first hand the impact that video games can have on an individual's life for the better. Whether it's giving them an outlet to escape an unpleasant environment, or a chance to connect with people they normally would never be able to otherwise - video games can change lives. When I first heard about Extra Life, I knew this would be a way to get involved. Now on my 5th year I have another reason to Extra Life. My newborn son Ian. Ian was born 5 weeks premature and had to spend the first 2 weeks of his life in the NICU at Children's Hospital. While we were there we were able to experience first hand the impact that the Children's Health Foundation had on the lives of everyone. This encouraged me to work even harder to make sure Extra Life can touch as many people as possible!

Team: Big Viking Games

Other: You can watch me stream any time at gaming.youtube.com/Pylawn!

Name: Brian Foster

Years doing Extra Life: This is my second official year 

Why I Extra Life: Since I have trouble getting back into software development again (switched to being a systems admin for a few years), I decided last year to take the plunge as I had the time to do it and it was a lot of fun.

Team: Team Punchtown

Other: I don't usually stream but the Team Punchtown captain does on Thursdays at 8pm and a group of us join him for games of GMod and sometimes other games.  His twitch channel is at http://www.twitch.tv/nemetfox

Name: Dustin Hill

Why I Extra-Life: I do it for my roommate. He's a hardcore gamer, and I realize that this network exists to empower those who don't "apply" to all the other types of fundraising opportunities. I realize that a lot of people don't quite *get* the gaming industry yet; albeit it's come a long way since the 80's. Extra Life is a system to allow nerds to leave their caves and do good for humanity, that's why I do it.

Team(if any): Magic Missile

Other "Stuff": I motivate people to undertake challenges during Extra Life, I believe people should have goals.. and strive to really do something crazy in a game for 24 hours.

Woo, made it late to the party!

Name: Trevor "Froink" Horman

Years Doing Extra-Life: This is my 6th year!

Why I Extra-Life: I've always been passionate about doing things you love for a cause, and I couldn't think of a better one.

Team(if any): Cats on Wheels

Other "Stuff": I've been a long-time Rooster Teeth fan (which introduced me to the concept), and originally had joined because of the community-involvement from there. I believe gaming is a social activity at heart, and something that has so much potential to impact the lives of those who need it. 

Blargh, laziness but here goes:

Name: Jason Chan

Years Doing Extra-Life: 4th year I think

Why I Extra-Life: For fun and raising money for a good cause

Team (if any): Big Viking Games

Other "Stuff": I tend to focus on games that are outside the norm in some way (ie. hardcore RPGs, Japanese games in Japanese, etc.) but still debating on what I could do later this year

Name: Tim Hayton 

Years doing Extra Life: 3 years 

Why I Extra Life: I like to play games. I like to help kids. I had times when I was young when Doctor's and Hospital's helped me have another chance at life, so I want to help children get a chance at Life.

Team (if any): Defiantly Gaming 

Other "stuff": Discovered Extra Life as an active community member of Rooster Teeth. Play all sorts of games, mostly Console. Believe that there's no such thing as "true" gamer, and that we're all equal however we play.

Favourite Food: Purple 

Name: Niki Sumpter

Years Doing Extra-Life: 3 years

Why I Extra-Life: I'm a mom and a Game store owner. A friend introduced me to Extra-Life. Her son has diabeties and she always talks about what an amazing hospital we have here. I am blessed in never having to need it but to support all those that do we use our store to bring together our little community to do what we can to support the Children's Hospital so they can support the families in need.

Team(if any): GameSpace

Other "Stuff": We focus on community games in our store rather than online streaming, we will be doing a lot of tabletop games (D&D, MTG, Pandemic) mixed in with Retro gaming.

• Like 2

Name: Krissy Nickle

Years Doing Extra Life: 4

Why I Extra Life: (I'm the friend Niki mentioned above ;)) My son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when he was four, and his team at Children's has been amazing over the last five years. When I found out that I could give back to this fantastic hospital in such a fun way, I was hooked!

Team (if any): GameSpace

Other "Stuff": I like to play a little bit of everything, but especially board games and retro video games.

Name: Jason Burditt

Years Doing Extra Life: 5

Why I Extra Life: I like kids. They're cool little humans who sometimes don't get a good run at life, and I know how it feels. I overcame a bunch of issues, and I wanna do what I can to help make sure other kids do too.

Team (if any): The Nerd Herd(a group of friends)

Other "Stuff": I'm from KW. Not originally, but am now.