Streaming for Tabletop - Live Streaming Tips & Tricks - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Tilsley

Streaming for Tabletop

I'm planning on streaming my Extra Life marathon this year.  One question though. It seems like OBS and Xsplit are the top 2 broadcasting software.  Which one is most suited to broadcasting tabletop gaming?  I'm more of a board gamer and I usually have 6-12 people playing at my house throughout the day. Thanks!

I've only ever used OBS. Though it depends on what you really want from your stream. I have 2 cameras, one for a wide group and one on the board. I've heard from others that OBS doesn't like much more than that, but I haven't actually done the test. Try OBS first (as it's free) then make the switch if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Either one will work, really.  I find xsplit to be more intuitive for my uses, so that's what I use.  The big thing for you is making sure you have enough cameras to cover the important spots.  One looking down from above is a good idea, as well as cameras trained at the people playing, even if it's a wide group shot.  This can be set up relatively easily, and even doing it in two or three different scenes will help change up what the viewers see.

• Like 1