How do I remove a team member? - Extra Life Q & A - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
darkdogdemon

How do I remove a team member?

Question

So I recently made a team for Extralife, and I wanted to keep it invite-only because it would be easier for users to donate money to the cause (as in no confusion when selecting the person the donation will count towards). However, I missed that, and now someone is on my team. How do I possibly remove the person on my team in order to make things simpler for users to use? And, if it is not possible, how should I go around fixing this problem?

Thank you for your help / advice!

2 answers to this question

If you are the team captain there should be a way to contact your team members, but apart from asking this person to change to a different team, there's not really a way to 'kick' people off your team. Due to the nature of Extra Life and the fact that we want to be as inclusive as possible, I probably wouldn't even recommend asking them to leave. If you want to look at it another way, really you should be flattered that they thought your team sounded cool enough to join. I can understand the worry that donations you were expecting to come to you would go to this other person. I know how competitive some of us gamers are, so just keep in mind, that whoever ultimately gets the donation it'll still go to help kids.

Still I do understand that you want your donors to be able to donate specifically to YOU, so since you're worried there might be confusion, maybe you could start sharing your personal page on social media instead of the team page. If you come to find out that someone has donated to the other person when they meant to donate to you, you can have that donor actually contact support and ask the donation to be moved to the correct page. It might not be a perfect solution, but in my book, it's better than asking a random person to leave and possibly turning them off to being a part of Extra Life forever.

I am a team captain myself, and every now and then, it's happened that a random person will join my team. I make a point to reach out to them through the dashboard tools, introduce myself, and invite them to do the same. Who knows? Rather than wanting them to leave, you just might make a new best friend! Good luck with this, and with your game day plans! :)   

• Like 1

if I were you're position I would feel the same.  Strictly speaking I would either attempt to communicate to them through the Team Captain messaging system or email support@extra-life.org and see what might can be done.

As personally averse as I am to gushingly positive happy hammer on the head talk @K8Morosky probably has the best approach overall.  It is for the kids after all.  The negative impact, especially if you are a devotee of the butterfly effect, could be more profound than could be quantifiably realized.  The worst thing that could happen really is your team raises a little more money than it ever might otherwise have.  And if your "friends and family" can't distinguish between you and the rest of the members of your team.. ..well you've got bigger problems a stray "unwanted" team mate could bring about.  ;0 ;~)

o/  ;)