AWA-Con Sept 28th - Oct 1st - Atlanta, GA - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Vadath

AWA-Con Sept 28th - Oct 1st

Hello Atlanta Guild!

Time is fast approaching for this years AWA 2017 Anime Weekend Atlanta!!!

Do you have your AWA tickets purchased already?  SWEET and congrats; so would you be willing to spend a few hours of your time at the club table (for Extra Life) to help encourage other Con-goers to help Heal Kids for CHOA! Great then fill in your name on the sign-up sheet at the bottom of the page! Extra Life and CHOA together are a great team-up to help heal kids in Atlanta!  Your time is important and I am sure you have a few stories you could share with other Anime fans.  We would love to have your help at the Club table.

No ticket purchased yet!  Well we just happen to have a few FREE tickets to give out, but they are going fast!  So be one of the first few to put your name on the sign-up sheet (link at the bottom of the page); so you can help inform the masses of our Awesome 24 hour Gaming Marathon for Extra Life, we could sure use your help!  

If the free tickets are gone but you're still feeling like spending some of your hard earned cash to see Anime Action at its best and cause you just can't sit still with all your Anime Power build-ups, then head over to the ticket purchase area and buy a ticket!  Then toss your name on the sign-up sheet.  We love having all the help we can get at the Club Table!

This is another great recruitment opportunity for the Atlanta Guild & CHOA to get some face time with the public and get some Anime fans signed up for Extra Life.  A club table means we are given the opportunity to talk about Extra Life to the Con goers and get registers for the Extra Life Marathon.   We can not sell items or gather donations for Extra Life.  It is against the Club Table policies!  Please lend your support by signing up to cover some of the hours listed in our sign-up sheet below!

#ForTheKids

Sign-Up Sheet!

WOW!  We had a few more people join the sign up sheet. this is really great and with AWA quickly approaching I will need to close "free ticket" for volunteer sign-up sheet at this time.  However if you are already attending the event; and would like to donate a few hours of your time to Extra Life, the booth still has two open slots available for volunteers.  Be sure to check out the Sign-up Sheet and put your name down for Friday 4 pm - 8 pm or Sat 2:30 pm to 6 pm. I would appreciate any help from our Extra Life gamers!

Ding - Ding / Closed for free ticket sign-up.  There is always next year!

So I want to thank everyone that has signed up and volunteered your time.  I am very grateful for your help and I am looking forward to meeting you at the event. 

So the Next point of discussion are the tickets.  

1. The Event was able to provide 2 full weekend passes and I had only two names signed up when this deadline occurred.  Myself and Caity Cooperrider!  Congrats for Signing up early Caity!
  2. Now as for the other volunteers I have passes for the day of your attendance, YEAH!  No cost for a same day ticket!!!  Congrats to: Corey Dawson, Shannon Landers, Nadya Poon, and Quanita Tate!  Each of you will need to show up about 15 minutes prior to your time slot and you will have use of the badge for the remainder of the day.  HOWEVER; and I can not stress this enough, Do not take the badges home with you.  You will need to return the badges to me before you leave the event for the day!  

Group discussion is our next topic.

1. I will be sending out an email to the volunteer group to share some do's and don'ts while your at the booth/table.
  2. This will be your opportunity to ask questions and get any concerns you have about the event and your responsibility; while at the booth/table, answered by your Extra Life Leadership.
  3. If needed a conference call may be utilized to help answer any remaining questions, and your attendance will be greatly appreciated.  This will be done within the week just before the scheduled event and will be shared via email with at least one weeks notice. So call may be scheduled on Sept 25th-28th, with an email notification no later than Sept 14th.
  4. Last minute questions can be addressed via email or phone text to the Atlanta Extra Life Leadership.

Ok that is it for now!  Thanks again to Caity for early sign-up and to our AWA volunteers for 2017!