Patricio_tv

Extra Life team issues

Hi everyone,

how's going?, I'm streaming all weeks to try to reach my personal Extra Life mini goal, I started some months ago. I'm member of the #BradstreetNorth team but I don't see any good result to be member of a team. I cannot be in contact with other members of my team, I don't know what they are doing and they don't know what I do. I don't know if I'm in the correct team or not and more. I feel that I'm trying to get donations alone, there is not any organization to do streams with my team together, share schedules, events or something like that.

I want to ask if you have the same problem and how you fixed it, I don't see any advantage to participate in a team. I want to understand the best way to improve my streams for Extra Life, I got viewers in each stream but they are not Extra Life viewers, they donate sometimes but they are not part of the community, it would be easier if I can share viewers, events, stream, etc. with other teammates on Extra life. My viewers know I'm member of Extra Life but they see me just like an isolate streamer doing charity because there is a official Extra Life channel with their viewers participating there and I'm streaming on my personal channel with a different kind of viewers without any viewer from Extra Life.

I want to do more things for Extra Life but I don't see a live channel to be in contact with other streamers\viewers on Extra Life as Discord for example.

If someone wants to give me feedback about it, please feel free to do it.

Thank id avance guys and this game is not over!

In order to see the advantage of being on a team, you either need an active team captain who regularly communicates with you, or you need to know your teammates IRL. For my part as a captain, I try my best to regularly reach out to my teammates, and I make sure to let them know they can contact me about anything. Most of them are friends I knew before I started doing Extra Life, but I've made some new friends along the way too. I try to keep it local, so everyone on my team is at least from the Pittsburgh Area, and that helps too. We even meet up to grab dinner together from time to time. This year I'm even trying to plan some team fundraising events. Every team will be different, and if you're not really feeling welcomed in your current team, or the captain is too inactive for your preferences, just remember that you can always join a different team or even start your own. I sincerely hope you can find a team that you can really get involved in, because the fact that you're seeking more than just a vague association with your team is the mark of a great Extra Lifer!

As for your questions about streaming, I know that the official Extra Life channel often hosts and highlights streamers from the community if you can commit to a weekly time spot to broadcast. The requirements for joining the program should be listed here:

Also, I'm sure @herobyclicking could tell you more!

16 minutes ago, K8Morosky said:

In order to see the advantage of being on a team, you either need an active team captain who regularly communicates with you, or you need to know your teammates IRL. For my part as a captain, I try my best to regularly reach out to my teammates, and I make sure to let them know they can contact me about anything. Most of them are friends I knew before I started doing Extra Life, but I've made some new friends along the way too. I try to keep it local, so everyone on my team is at least from the Pittsburgh Area, and that helps too. We even meet up to grab dinner together from time to time. This year I'm even trying to plan some team fundraising events. Every team will be different, and if you're not really feeling welcomed in your current team, or the captain is too inactive for your preferences, just remember that you can always join a different team or even start your own. I sincerely hope you can find a team that you can really get involved in, because the fact that you're seeking more than just a vague association with your team is the mark of a great Extra Lifer!

As for your questions about streaming, I know that the official Extra Life channel often hosts and highlights streamers from the community if you can commit to a weekly time spot to broadcast. The requirements for joining the program should be listed here:

Also, I'm sure @herobyclicking could tell you more!

Hi there,

Thanks for your answer, to be short, all you said is that I want to do with my team but I don't know if my Captain knows I'm member of her team. I tried to see if I can contact her via Extra Life but there is no option to send messages or something like at least I couldn't find out any.

I joined to my team because it was the first I saw, there are a lot of teams but I don't know on which one I should join/fit. 

I will try to investigate more about how others teams work about apply to Extra Life channel, I did it. I'm waiting to finish the review process.

Thanks a lot for your answer!!!

7 minutes ago, Patricio_tv said:

Hi there,

Thanks for your answer, to be short, all you said is that I want to do with my team but I don't know if my Captain knows I'm member of her team. I tried to see if I can contact her via Extra Life but there is no option to send messages or something like at least I couldn't find out any.

I joined to my team because it was the first I saw, there are a lot of teams but I don't know on which one I should join/fit. 

I will try to investigate more about how others teams work about apply to Extra Life channel, I did it. I'm waiting to finish the review process.

Thanks a lot for your answer!!!

I think an interesting thing to note here is that I've never really thought about team members wishing to contact their team captains through the site, so I'm sure this might have slipped past the notice of others as well. It's a great idea and I really think this would be a valuable feature. It would definitely help teammates to better connect with one another. That sense of community is one of the things that makes Extra Life so great, so more ways to foster that can only be a good thing. In short, thanks for the inspiration - you can bet I'll mention the idea to whoever I can! :)

On 8/10/2017 at 9:00 AM, K8Morosky said:

I think an interesting thing to note here is that I've never really thought about team members wishing to contact their team captains through the site, so I'm sure this might have slipped past the notice of others as well. It's a great idea and I really think this would be a valuable feature. It would definitely help teammates to better connect with one another. That sense of community is one of the things that makes Extra Life so great, so more ways to foster that can only be a good thing. In short, thanks for the inspiration - you can bet I'll mention the idea to whoever I can! :)

In theory, they should have a community profile and you can PM here. Hopefully their name is the same so i can definitely see the benefit of messaging just on the Extra Life site side rather than the community forums. I know not many people actually have a profile in here as well. @herobyclicking should look into this for us!!

9 minutes ago, allthewayj said:

In theory, they should have a community profile and you can PM here. Hopefully their name is the same so i can definitely see the benefit of messaging just on the Extra Life site side rather than the community forums. I know not many people actually have a profile in here as well. @herobyclicking should look into this for us!!

Hi there,

it's a good catch! but I couldn't find out her profile. I can see her fundraising page but I couldn't find a way to be in touch with her or other member of my team. No Twitch profile, Twitter, email, DM, etc. I don't know how foreign members can contact between them.

btw thanks for your help.

19 minutes ago, allthewayj said:

4 minutes ago, Patricio_tv said:

Hi there,

it's a good catch! but I couldn't find out her profile. I can see her fundraising page but I couldn't find a way to be in touch with her or other member of my team. No Twitch profile, Twitter, email, DM, etc. I don't know how foreign members can contact between them.

btw thanks for your help.

Indeed! Good catch. I am going to check to see if there is anything on Donor Drive's end that would make this possible. Currently it's not possible for a team member to communicate to the team captain, though the team captain can message their team. 

I'll take a closer look! Good job everyone :)

• Like 1