Streamlabs Integration for donation alerts - Live Streaming Tips & Tricks - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
herobyclicking

Streamlabs Integration for donation alerts

Hello everyone!

If you are looking for a way to share your donation alerts on stream, check out Streamlabs (TwitchAlerts/Streampro collaboration). 

It's fairly straightforward, though let us know if you have any questions!

https://support.streamlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/236189528-How-to-setup-Extra-Life-alerts

• Like 2

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get StreamLabs donation alerts to work.

All other alerts seem to pop on screen just fine, but the Extra Life donation alert isn't showing up, nor do I see it in the StreamLabs dashboard/activities/events (if those are logged).

Do I need to set up regular donations in order for Extra Life donations to alert as well?

The test alert works fine but actual donations won't pop up.  I did follow the set up in that FAQ and checked it several times.  It's enabled with my correct #.

Just hoping to get it working before game day. :) 

Cheers!

41 minutes ago, Amy said:

All other alerts seem to pop on screen just fine, but the Extra Life donation alert isn't showing up, nor do I see it in the StreamLabs dashboard/activities/events (if those are logged).

Do I need to set up regular donations in order for Extra Life donations to alert as well?

The test alert works fine but actual donations won't pop up.  I did follow the set up in that FAQ and checked it several times.  It's enabled with my correct #.

Cheers!

Hey @Amy!

That's not great! The only thing I could think of is to be sure that your donation alert is "Enabled". Go to "StreamLabs" > "Dashboard" > "Alertbox" > make sure that the widget URL has the "Donation" checked > scroll down to the "Donations" tab and ensure that its' "Enabled". 

Are you adding the widget URL to your broadcasting software? If not be sure that you copy the widget URL and add it to OBS, XSplit or whichever software you are using. 

Beyond that, you'd want to reach out to StreamLabs support for further troubleshooting. We'll get you up and running! Be sure to swing by our Discord and the Streaming Tips channel, the community is bound to be able to help. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2017 at 11:14 PM, Amy said:

Cheers!

Do you have the normal donation alerts enabled? In Stream Labs, Extra Life falls under that category. You don't have to have payment information in for "regular" donations but you do need to have those alerts enabled and set up for the Extra Life ones to come through. :)

If you are still having trouble, check about using Streampro.io. They connect to Extra Life as well and have a separate alert system for Extra Life. :) I always seem to have trouble with Stream labs as well, so I've gone back to streampro. Do note, that if streampro isn't working either, they don't have support for the Extra Life alerts anymore. So, they work but if something breaks, they don't have connection to fix it. 

Hey I just had a super quick question, I was wondering if there was any way that we could have messages attached to the donations that we could read off during the stream (like how a Twitch streamer would do it) I know Streamlabs has that built in, but is there any way to have that integrated with Extra Life Donations?

17 hours ago, Press Start said:

Hey I just had a super quick question, I was wondering if there was any way that we could have messages attached to the donations that we could read off during the stream (like how a Twitch streamer would do it) I know Streamlabs has that built in, but is there any way to have that integrated with Extra Life Donations?

Hey @Press Start! This is a question for StreamLabs (I'll make note of it, but be sure to reach to them too!), but the information should be available to them to integrate this to their donation alerts. I could have sworn it did this already, but perhaps not?

6 hours ago, herobyclicking said:

Hey @Press Start! This is a question for StreamLabs (I'll make note of it, but be sure to reach to them too!), but the information should be available to them to integrate this to their donation alerts. I could have sworn it did this already, but perhaps not?

Oh, my mistake. When I was looking at the donations, I was looking at the one that goes directly to Extra Life, not the ones that go through an individual streamer. My mistake. Sorry for the confusion.