thenerdstash

Extra Life Marathon Overlay and Module Add-Ons

I run a Community channel on Twitch and we are planning our first 48HR Marathon for this year and trying to find a unique look for an overlay and would like to add-in some modules or extra things to spruce up the overlay. I saw some streamers last year using some cool features and they mentioned a site they used Codepen and that it was pretty simple but I have been on their site and do not see anything in relation to what they used. 

I would be happy to commission and pay someone for an overlay for our Team and if anyone here has ideas of things to use on the stream that helps make things look slick and professional I am all about it. I have placed below the example of what I am looking at and hopefully, someone can share some feedback on things. I appreciate the help in advance!

I have attached a clip from their live event last year and would love to personally have some of these things on my channel. I really like the design, animations below cam and below the game box plus the timer showing how long the Marathon was happening. Can anyone help or give advice? 

https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousGracefulAmazonCoolStoryBro

• Like 3

I've used a bunch of different tools in the past, from the XSplit Extra Life extension to a piece of software that can only be found on the forums here.

I'm typing this reply on mobile and it's not easy to go navigate and give you links, but I'd say fish around these forums and you'll find some gems! Next time I get to my desktop I'll show some of the ones I like the best.

• Like 2

I would appreciate any of your help and feedback. I have dug through the forums and found some useful tools but would love for you to send me some helpful things. I look forward to your reply!

OK so here are the ones I've used in the past:

Generally you're looking for cool ways to show your amount raised, possibly your goal and then how to display donation alerts. Hope these help!

• Like 3

Those are all great! I can't ever get the Streamlabs integration to work, so just for your information, Streampro.io does still work and is accurate. If you have issues with it, they no longer have support, as Sean said, to fix issues that you may have but as far as alerting for donations or showing your goal progress it works great! I use both overlays and they don't mess with each other. So it can be done!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, allthewayj said:

Those are all great! I can't ever get the Streamlabs integration to work, so just for your information, Streampro.io does still work and is accurate. If you have issues with it, they no longer have support, as Sean said, to fix issues that you may have but as far as alerting for donations or showing your goal progress it works great! I use both overlays and they don't mess with each other. So it can be done!

It still does work! 

Though it did crash last year on gameday :(. I don't imagine they have the bandwidth to support tens of thousands of gamers utilizing the service. It is by far the easiest option however. 

• Like 2