Gaming News:Sea of Thieves Gameplay Demo Features Living Skeletons and Players Shooting Themselves Out of Cannons - Announcements - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Stewart

Gaming News:Sea of Thieves Gameplay Demo Features Living Skeletons and Players Shooting Themselves Out of Cannons

sea of theives.jpg

Developer Rare hopes that its shared-world pirate epic Sea of Thieves will let players enjoyably live out their swashbuckling fantasies alongside friends. A lengthy look at the title during Microsoft's E3 media briefing gave aspiring pirates a substantial look at moment-to-moment gameplay.

Players can dive underwater to uncover sunken treasure, disembark on tropical islands riddled with secret pathways and loot, and even battle musket-toting skeletons determined to send players to Davey Jones' locker.  My favorite part of the demo occurs near the end. After an intense naval battle with a rival ship (also controlled by real-life players), the player hops into a cannon, fires himself aboard the enemy ship, and clears out the crew single-handedly. Eat your heart out, Jack Sparrow. 

Sea of Thieves sails to retail in early 2018. Like other first-party titles, the game is Xbox One X enhanced and Play Anywhere. 

View full article

• Like 1

I heard someone compare this to a mix of Pirates of the Caribbean and Goonies...I am ok with this! Definitely going to keep an eye on this title. I has the excitement! <3

I can';t wait for this thing. It looks amazing. Every mechanic I've seen them demonstrate in the alpha and during their podcasts looks and sounds amazing. It feels like it's going to be fun pirates working together. You all lay members of the same crew, I'm looking forward to this.

I feel, for me, it's beating Skull and Bones. S&B is about controlling 1 ship and teaming up with other ships. This also has a lighter tone, which I prefer.