Whose excited for Halo 5? - Xbox - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SteveMathis

Whose excited for Halo 5?

So I got to play the Halo 5 multiplayer beta. I'm not normally a console gamer but the Halo franchise is a console seller for me. I got my start with Halo on Combat Evolved PC (and even still play it), but obviously with no PC support beyond Halo 2 I've had to turn to console. Halo 5 is the most fun I've had with a console shooter for years. A lot of hardcore halo fans are complaining that new features take away from the classic Halo feel, but in my opinion they're just clinging at nostalgia and hindering the progress of the franchise. They can't just keep making the same halo game, so I think the new features like Sprint, clamber, and aim down sights are taking the game in a fresh new direction. Some may argue that they're just making the game more "CoD-like" but that's not entirely a bad thing. It's simply 343 taking new FPS mechanics that developers know are popular but doing them the Halo way. I love it. I certainly don't get a COD vibe from the game and I think the new features are great, and the game feels much more fast paced as a result. I've actually found going back to playing multiplayer on the Master Chief Collection painfully slow at times since playing the beta. I'm hoping to see Halo 5 make a return to the competitive scene. So, who else got the chance to play and what did you think?

I do somewhat agree they are taking things from COD but they altering them a bit. The whole smart aim is COD, but Halo 5 and 343 changed it so if you get hit while in smart aim you are taken out of it (Which i think is pretty awesome, puts a new spin on the game whether to aim down sights or not). That being said...

I was able to play the Beta, actually had early access before everyone else. I love it, I love that they went back to 4v4 arena style gameplay which is Halo. I love how the game seems more sped up. You can't really just hide and camp anymore, they are going for an action packed multiplayer which I think they got across. I love the revamped weapons, especially the light rifle. I like how they changed the look and how it fires, overall it just feels a lot smoother than before. But that may also be that everything is running in 60fps. I think one thing people don't/haven't realized is the ultimate weapons (Banes Hammer? That new swords that literally lights up your whole screen). Its an ultimate weapon, it gives you passive upgrades that many people don't realize, like increased sprint speed and longer lunge range. I personally don't like that touch, but maybe its because I also got killed by it.

Overall I loved it, can't wait till we hear more news about the campaign and whats going on with that. All I know is that the big Forerunner bird from the trailer.....yeah thats playing like a huge role in the game, and its pretty badass from what I heard.