dilelefant

Ideas for Fundraising/Recruiting

Hey all!

So I was brainstorming and I had a few ideas for how to spread the word and raise some money.

1) Birmingham extra life guild shirts that say "Ask me how you can help!" on the back

2) Business cards with "What we do" "How to join" and the website on it so we can hand them out if people ask you "Wait what is extra life again?" and you don't have a few minutes to explain (pamphlets are nice, but business cards are easy to carry around)

3) I mentioned this in another post, but half marathons at a local store to help spread the word.

Let me know if you have any more!

• Like 1

Some excellent ideas, I know @Hayley. said she could look up some pricing options on materials for the guild for recruiting/fundraising events (Like Magic City Con), would be interested in finding out how much pamphlets would run us. Business cards would indeed be easier to carry around and distribute, also generally cheaper than shirts or pamphlets I would think.

We can also spread the word to our gamer friends who aren't currently participating, I know a few of my friends are probably already tired of hearing me talk about it... LOL

• Like 1

Hey! Sorry, I'm slow :) I think a glossy cardstock, postcard-sized handout would be an effective and affordable mix of the two ideas. We could get 250 6"x4" cards, full-color front and black/white back for about $50, or 100 for about $30.

• Like 2

Great! 

@Th3Cap3 getting fellow gamers involved is a great idea. I know sometimes it's a little weird asking friends to sign up, and they probably know tons about it so you don't need to have a whole spiel. If you are with them in person bring up the app, it takes almost no time. 

@Hayley. thanks a to. For those prices! I'll try to find some promo stuff. I have some pamphlets lying around but there is a ton of stuff available if you look around at some of the pages on this website. 

• Like 1

@dilelefant I downloaded the assets for booth materials that they have on here, so if we decided to order anything I can easily customize their base designs to work for us.There is a sale until the 16th, so the banner would be about $85 rather than $150 like I mentioned before...but it might be better to have a tablecloth if we need to just stick with one higher price-point item. 

Here are some rough layouts using their designs, just to get an idea of what a banner or card would look like. 

Banner Layout.png

Card Layout.png

• Like 1

I think those look awesome Hayley :-) Would we order both (banner and cards) from the same place? The next thing we need to think about is mula to make the purchases, any ideas?

Those are great! We can maybe get a tablecloth for conventions and stuff. That'd be awesome. Thanks a ton for the info hayley! we probably wont be able to order them before the 16th, but maybe we will make some sort of decision at the next meeting!

• Like 2

I think these are great ideas. I have connections to someone who makes decals too. The type that you can put on just about anything.

• Like 1

Great ideas! I love the idea of tablecloths and pop up banners for recruiting events. The stickers (laptop, game systems, car), 'business cards,' and tee shirts would be awesome for awareness. 

As far as funding goes, Children's will help with that! We would make the investment in it for our Guild so you all can thrive!

• Like 2

That's awesome Shane! Thank you!

• Like 1

Having a game night, like....both board game/ video games, and creating like just a page for that, and event list.

Like today were playing Rift, lets all create a new character and level together, and someone stream it. (or other games)

Or anyone who has a nice computer and really nice webcam can invite people over and do like a board game or table top night and stream that, and share that all over social media

Being at events will help with recruiting, like find any festivals that you can go to, or conventions in the south and put our names out there.

Always have social media spam, with that create like a social media outlet where you can post about all the local streamers, and there stories and showcase them, sort of like the local heroes of the virtual world.

Running even like random little contest too, can be as silly as show your best extra life hero costume, and whoever wins everyone else can create there backstory. can do get together and make them themed, if you have pictures and lots of options of what were doing people would get more interested and you can recruit that way. The fundraising part feel it goes hand and hand.

Just a few ideas.

Awesome ideas! I like all of these. I would love to do a game night soon. Let's see if we can organize something.