Going to start this topic as well, really just a place for us to post about upcoming events so we can all be on the same page and know who's going to be where so we can plan meetups and such :-) Currently the only thing on my radar as of posting this is the following:

Magic City Con: 

June 30th - July 2nd

http://www.magiccitycon.com/

Weekend adult pass is currently $26.25 (Don't know if that includes tax or not).

I plan on being there, already have my weekend pass. Not sure if I will be there on the 30th as I am flying back into bham that day from training and I don't land until 7pm, depends on how tired I am when I get back. I will be there the 1st and 2nd though with my podcast people, we are planning on having a table setup. If the guild/extra life gets a table/booth, I will alternate days so I can help out or something :-)

Also, I went ahead and submitted a fan table application for Magic City Con for the Guild. I spoke with Jamie with the convention administration and she mentioned today was basically the cutoff for applications. She said I could go ahead and put it in and if we end up not doing it, just to call and give her a heads up before the convention so she can update her list :-)

With that being said, if we are going to do this table, we will need to get some materials, maybe some handouts, table cloth or something, maybe a sign? I will look at the table kit stuff they have in the downloads section and maybe start looking at pricing of stuff to see what kind of damage we will end up with if we go that route.

I haven't looked at the kits or available collateral that we might have access to, but I'd be happy to help with layout of promotional materials, signage, etc., and coordinating with print vendors as needed. I think tablecloths with logos usually run around $150. Retractable floor banners are usually about $150 as well, but I think there are some less fancy ones that are closer to $80 if you dig around. There are other, more budget-friendly signage options (just a bit less durable) and I could get together some price comparisons if I have an idea of a budget.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hayley. said:

I haven't looked at the kits or available collateral that we might have access to, but I'd be happy to help with layout of promotional materials, signage, etc., and coordinating with print vendors as needed. I think tablecloths with logos usually run around $150. Retractable floor banners are usually about $150 as well, but I think there are some less fancy ones that are closer to $80 if you dig around. There are other, more budget-friendly signage options (just a bit less durable) and I could get together some price comparisons if I have an idea of a budget.

Awesome Hayley! Yeah, I'm not sure how much folks will want to pitch in for materials so having options and knowing estimates on costs will be extremely helpful. Also as an FYI, there are some pre-made/Extra-Life approved stuff for booths/tables on the site, I'm not sure what all the guidelines are on modifying and/or creating our own, I'm open to whatever we are allowed to change/make on our own :-D Here is a link to the US booth kit, 

I think @DJThunderstix would be able to tell you more if it isn't covered under the usage guidelines. I'm brand new to this whole guild thing so I don't want to cause any problems :-)

Just an FYI everyone! Our fan booth for Magic City Con has been approved! Details to follow, who all is planning on attending and who would like to attend? I will be there Saturday and Sunday and later in the evening on Friday since my flight from Austin doesn't get in till 7pm and I have to run home before heading back out. Information about the con can be accessed via the link I posted in the original post :-)

Any upcoming events? I know many people will be streaming soon for Extra Life and I didn't know if we worked together as a group on that.

Hey @Gardoki! People sometimes do! The community is infinitely creative when it comes to what they want to do for extra life. We plan on having a get together soon to play some games so you’re more than welcome to come meet everyone! Check out our discord server 

https://discord.gg/Y8wVRUU

we are always chatting on there :)

I'll have to check it out. I'm rarely on Discord but sometimes I hop in.If possible I would love a get together being posted here too.