Interest in Partnering with a Convention in La Crosse? - Milwaukee-Madison, WI - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Josh H

Interest in Partnering with a Convention in La Crosse?

Hi All,

I'm the coordinator for the gaming convention Coulee Con, which will be held in La Crosse Aug 25-27, 2017. We are a convention focused on gaming of all types including board games, card games, video games, rpgs, and miniatures. This is our convention's third year and we're working to expand our work with Extra Life. Last year we partnered with our local Extra Life coordinator from CMN Hospital to recruit gamers and get the word out about the organization. We also raised a small amount from the proceeds of our silent auction. I was wondering if there might be any interest from the guild in participating at our convention. We're planning to have a room with internet access and a stage where we could host different kinds of events. If you have ideas or suggestions, please reply below or send me a message. Thanks!

couleecon.com

facebook.com/couleecon

Hi, Josh!

We'd love to partner with you and use this event as a way to recruit members across the state for Extra Life!  I'll be sure to bring this up at our next meeting so that we can start getting a list of volunteers put together so we can slot people into times to staff our table during the con.

Please let me know if there's anything you need from me as we go through the process.  I can be reached directly at ryan.extralifemke@outlook.com, and as guild President it will be me that will be working out the details with you and passing them on to the guild.  As we get closer to the event and have times pinned down, I can get you a volunteer schedule, too, and we work on planning on how we'll utilize the space you're so graciously offering us!

Thanks so much for reaching out; we look forward to working with you!

Ryan

• Like 1

Just wanted to get a quick update out here - I will be there on Saturday for sure, and am hoping to be able to make Sunday, as well.  I have more direct information that I will provide at our meeting next week, and I will post all of that info here once the meeting is over so anyone who doesn't make the meeting but is interested in helping at the con is able to get the information, too.  If anyone needs or wants to carpool from the MKE area on Saturday, let me know and I can drive!