Need some assistance. - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content

Hello my brothers and sisters of Extra Life! I'm new to all this and i need some assistance with getting started. I own a laptop and PS4 that I game on, but I'm not sure how to get myself set up to get people donating money for the cause. Can anybody provide assistance or send me a link on how to get started? I can stream on my PS4 with the built on capabilities, but I'm not sure what I can use for my PC. Any recommendations? Any help will be much appreciated! 

Hey @Ultshld340! Welcome aboard!

The great thing about Extra Life is that you don't have to stream or "show your work"; you just need to agree to put your passion for gaming to use #ForTheKids

The first step is to set up your fundraising page at www.extra-life.org

Once you've done that, you can customize your page and even your fundraising URL in your Dashboard. For example, I have mine set to www.extra-life.org/participant/NovusOlm

You then share that page link on social media, emails to friends/family, etc, to get donations. Everything is automatic and goes to the hospital so you don't have to handle the funds.

It's as easy as that!

• Like 3

Most people don't make their money from streaming.  I only stream on Extra Life GAme Day in November, and that is for fun.  And it is fun.  There is a lot of content that you can use when you are streaming:

Other forms of fundraising:

• Work, talk about extra life.  Leave flyers laying around if you are allowed to.
  • All social media.  There are Extra Life tools built into your fundraising page to help take advantage of these.  There is also a specific Extra Life app for facebook that you can set up.  There is also a phone app that is very similar if not the exact same thing as the FB app.
  • REach out to your community and find other Extra Life participants.  Perhaps there is even a guild in your area.  Groups can do booths and small events.

14 hours ago, Ultshld340 said:

Hello my brothers and sisters of Extra Life! I'm new to all this and i need some assistance with getting started. I own a laptop and PS4 that I game on, but I'm not sure how to get myself set up to get people donating money for the cause. Can anybody provide assistance or send me a link on how to get started? I can stream on my PS4 with the built on capabilities, but I'm not sure what I can use for my PC. Any recommendations? Any help will be much appreciated! 

Welcome! So glad to have you join this great cause! 

Where are you playing games from? We may have someone involved with your local guild who can offer guidance, too.

• Like 1