Sign in to follow this  
Sapience

Ottawa Guild Launch - Thursday, February 12

An Extra Life Guild is being built in Ottawa and you’re invited to the kick-off meeting. The people attending this meeting will become a part of an elite group within the Extra Life community who will be helping shape the future of Extra Life in years to come. We would love for you to be one of those people and hope that you will join us.

The meeting will take place on:

Date: Thursday, February 12

Time: 6:30PM

Funhaven Family Fun Centre

1050 Baxter Road

Ottawa, ON K2C 3P1

Special Instructions: Parking is free. Refreshments will be served.

What is an Extra Life Guild?

An Extra Life Guild is a growing initiative in more than 20 cities across the U.S. and Canada designed to help spread the word about Extra Life. Essentially, it is a group of passionate Extra Lifers who want to get more involved and help strengthen the Extra Life community on a local level. The Guild is expected to meet once a month to find ways to help grow the Extra Life movement. Guild members will have the opportunity to attend local gaming industry events and conferences, chat with other elite members of the Extra Life community and meet some of the kiddos that are treated at their local children’s hospital.

You can RSVP for this event at EventBrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/extra-life-ottawa-guild-launch-meeting-tickets-15421388789

Edited by Sapience

I'm going to try to make it out: Team Bombshelter has loved this event for a few years, so, if there's an opportunity to help make it even better, we'd love to be part of it.

Car has been tempermental recently though, so, we'll see how it goes.

Looking forward to it tonight, though, hopefully!

Mark.

I was very sad to have missed this, but am greatly looking forward to participating in future meetings.

I joined Extra Life last year with my husband and daughter as our own team. We have always been very supportive and generous with CHEO, and have in past years supported a local team here in Ottawa. (Team Bombshelter). We decided to make our own team last year after we almost lost our daughter when she was only 4 to a rare blood disease and CHEO saved her. We gather a bunch of other friends who were all avid gamers, but we all new to Extra Life. We had a great night of gaming and supplied food, drinks, and over 2 dozen games for people to play. We had drop in gaming and donations and ran some charity events throughout the year.

I look forward to expanding our team this year by doubling it, and having a even larger turnout out our public Extra Life event held at the Letrim Military Mess Hall.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jo