Hey all!

I love to play competitive video games such as League of Legends, Overwatch, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, CS:GO, and so forth.

I'm ranked pretty high in each game and was looking to see if we could start up an ExtraLife themed team where we could compete either in local events, or online events, and call it ExtraLife.  It would probably gain some notoriety with the scene, and cause gamers to search for what ExtraLife is and such.  And if we attended the same type of lan events, I'm sure people would sign up once they meet us.  

I'm a local around Philadelphia, PA and would love to even get some online events going.  Here are a list of the games I play, and a way to contact me:
1. League of Legends - Diamond 4 Support / Top Main

2. Overwatch - Master Tier - Season 3 Ended 3800 MR, Season 4 is currently 3650.

3. Hearthstone - I normally end up around Rank 2-3, but I know there are a lot of tournaments held online for points.

4. CS:GO - Haven't played in a year or two, I was LEM before I stopped.  If I had a team I could get back into it for Extra Life

5. Heroes of the Storm - Just started but I am well versatile in MOBAs and am trying to get to ranked now.

6. I also play Smash Brothers Melee in tournaments from time to time.

You can contact me on:
Battlenet - Clementine#11594

Steam ID - I'll modify this when I get home and get it
You can always drop me a message on the forums as well.

This is just an idea I had, If anyone is interested in getting a following together, it would be great and super fun!  We could even stream our tournament matches, make some vods and get some publicity out there in the gaming world!

• Like 1

This idea has been brought up before and my personal opinion (I am not employed by Extra Life so please don't misconstrue this as their opinion) is that Extra Life shouldn't be backing any sort of competitive team, even through name association.

There are too many things that can go wrong. It's a children's hospital charity, anything that remotely seems official would have to be sanctioned and risk taken on by Children's Miracle Network.

Currently there is an Extra Life Twitch channel where a stream team broadcasts and spreads the word about Extra Life seven days a week. Might I suggest you inquire about that? The majority of streamers on the team aren't necessarily competitive but having a competitive person there could certainly boost profile.

I'd suggest you could enter tournaments on your own or with a team and then if you wanted to donate part of your winnings to a hospital via Extra Life, that would be an amazing way to promote the charity without having to be labelled as representing the charity.

• Like 3

To piggy back off of what @Sean Rooneysaid, it may be worthwhile to reach out to the Philadelphia guild. My good friend @Tiny415is a part of the leadership team for that guild (I believe he's the president) and may be a good local point of contact for getting involved in the local Philly area.

• Like 3

Hey @ClemClementine

I will echo Sean and Marcus here, and be sure that Liz @DJThunderstix Aponte is aware of your interest. The Extra Life team is in the midst of Extra Life United so focus is currently on that, but I am sure she will touch base at some point. (Also it is worth noting, I am not an employee). 

As Sean mentioned, I would encourage you to check out our team of community streamers for the Extra Life Twitch channel (twitch.tv/extralife4kids). If you are interested in joining this great group of folks, head over here: 

• Like 2

@MajorLinux Yea definitely.  I'm actually a part of the Philadelphia guild and I just joined this year.  He is a great source of information and has helped me before with this sort of stuff so I'll reach out to him again.

@Sean Rooney Thanks for the heads up!  I'll be applying to the stream team soon.  I think you are right about having the Extra Life name associated with backing a team in competitions.  Without written consent that can get pretty hairy so I'll stay clear of that.  I also wanted to just get an overall team together not just for having Extra Life back us, but to play as 5 (Or however the size of a team) together, and then recruit people that would see our team and educate a lot of gamers as well.  We'll see what happens, but for now I'll hold off on naming it anything Extra Life related

• Like 3