Loomin

Wave Clarification

Does each wave for the same game ever meet up in the bracket? For example - Do the top 4 players of Nidhogg Wave 1 win money as well as the top 4 players of Nidhogg Wave 2? Or does each wave meet up eventually in the brackets at the finals for the top 4 spots?

I'm only assuming so will wait for the bosses to chime in, but expect wave winners to meet in playoffs per game

8 hours ago, Sean Rooney said:

I'm only assuming so will wait for the bosses to chime in, but expect wave winners to meet in playoffs per game

9 hours ago, Loomin said:

Does each wave for the same game ever meet up in the bracket? For example - Do the top 4 players of Nidhogg Wave 1 win money as well as the top 4 players of Nidhogg Wave 2? Or does each wave meet up eventually in the brackets at the finals for the top 4 spots?

Thanks for that, also... when signing up. IN essence, you can really only sign up for a limited number of games, based on how they are in the schedule?

Example: I wanted to focus on the board games.  And I can only really sign up for 3 of them instead of all 6? because I can't play in two places at once? 

Just making sure so I choose wisely. 

All registered participants in United should have received a sign-up email. You sign up for games in six different slots - each slot has two tabletop and two video game options. Every one of the 12 games shows up in two slots ensuring you should be able to play the games you want to, up to a maximum of six.

I'm really happy with how this is being run. There should be no confusion among participants - presuming they have read the rules in advance.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Sean Rooney said:

All registered participants in United should have received a sign-up email. You sign up for games in six different slots - each slot has two tabletop and two video game options. Every one of the 12 games shows up in two slots ensuring you should be able to play the games you want to, up to a maximum of six.

I'm really happy with how this is being run. There should be no confusion among participants - presuming they have read the rules in advance.

How is that possible where there is only like an hour to play the game? Some of those board games take about an hour to play one round. Small world being the one that would take an hour.  So I don't see how I can end up playing more than just 3, though maybe I am reading the schedule wrong. 

Agreed, time will be an enemy. Not going to stop me from signing up for all my games though.

On 3/6/2017 at 10:08 AM, Xeserox said:

How is that possible where there is only like an hour to play the game? Some of those board games take about an hour to play one round. Small world being the one that would take an hour.  So I don't see how I can end up playing more than just 3, though maybe I am reading the schedule wrong. 

If it is like last year, they may cut us off at an hour and whoever has the most points wins.  That is how they did Settlers of Catan.  It wasn't the best, but I suppose it may be a necessary evil.

You should sign up for 6 games.  That maximizes your ability to win money.  They are not going to start another game without everyone who has signed up.  If you'd like to talk more, you can PM me and I'm happy to talk it through with you one-on-one and get you signed up right.  I am happy to fill out the form for you as well if it doesn't work.  I want to make sure you have the best experience possible.  I know this thread may be confusing you, so I'd love to chat one on one if you need to make sure you understand how this tournament is going to work (at least from how I understand it....though I'm not an official staff member).

On 3/5/2017 at 7:55 PM, Ik0n said:

I can't open any of the links in the email for some reason.

Did you get this fixed?  I am happy to help you. 

On 3/5/2017 at 11:56 AM, Sean Rooney said:

I'm still confused about Citadels...but that's because the link is broken in the rules.  I'm just gonna wing that one though.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MedievalMelody said:

If it is like last year, they may cut us off at an hour and whoever has the most points wins.  That is how they did Settlers of Catan.  It wasn't the best, but I suppose it may be a necessary evil.

You should sign up for 6 games.  That maximizes your ability to win money.  They are not going to start another game without everyone who has signed up.  If you'd like to talk more, you can PM me and I'm happy to talk it through with you one-on-one and get you signed up right.  I am happy to fill out the form for you as well if it doesn't work.  I want to make sure you have the best experience possible.  I know this thread may be confusing you, so I'd love to chat one on one if you need to make sure you understand how this tournament is going to work (at least from how I understand it....though I'm not an official staff member).

I'm still confused about Citadels...but that's because the link is broken in the rules.  I'm just gonna wing that one though.

that makes sense the way you say it. I just don't see how they can get through an entire tournament of a game in an house...  Star Realms sure... that game can play FAST!   But small world, and Splendor and Ticket to ride... they can take some time... UNLESS you have those last three games, with more than just two players playing. 

24 minutes ago, Xeserox said:

that makes sense the way you say it. I just don't see how they can get through an entire tournament of a game in an house...  Star Realms sure... that game can play FAST!   But small world, and Splendor and Ticket to ride... they can take some time... UNLESS you have those last three games, with more than just two players playing. 

short answer: they won't.

I have also sent you a PM.

On 3/9/2017 at 0:08 PM, MedievalMelody said:

Yeah I got it fixed, thanks.