Building the list of stores to engage. - Philadelphia, PA - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tiny415

Building the list of stores to engage.

So a reoccurring topic from today's (2/18) kickoff meeting, was engaging stores about Extra Life. This was about a focus on sharing information, fliers, etc.

In order to make sure we do not inundate stores with multiple requests, we discussed starting a thread (corrected from threat) to identify which stores.

So to kick it off, I have two

1) Days of Knight -   http://www.daysofknights.com/ - 173 East Main Street, Newark DE 19711 - This is a great hobby store, covering CCGs to Miniatures, to a plethora of board games. I spent many summers as a kid here. I am going to try to stop by to talk about leaving some literature and maybe stopping by for International Table Top Day

2) Captain Blue Hen - http://captainbluehen.com/ - 280 E Main St #101, Newark, DE 19711 - This was my childhood comic book store. I will stop by the same way I will be for Days of Knights. 

If there are any questions or you need help engaging, feel free to each out to myself ( @Tiny415 or @gracemcintosh)

• Like 1

Thread*. We definitely don't want to threaten these stores that we're trying to work with :lol:

I sent an e-mail out to Krav'n Comics - http://kravncomics.com/ - Two locations: 349 Upland Square Drive Pottstown, PA 19464; and Coventry Mall 351 West Schuylkill Rd Pottstown PA 19464. They host (monthly?) Smash Bros. tournaments, so I asked them if they would like to somehow tie those into Extra Life. Waiting on a reply.

I also know of the Games Keep in West Chester, PA. Haven't reached out to them at all, but they are a board game store, and I'm sure wouldn't be opposed to helping out. I'll get Cooper to talk to them, as he seems to be more familiar with the place.

• Like 2

Chris got permission from Brave New Worlds to come in during a weekly tournament to talk about Extra Life. 

--433 West Moreland Road Willow Grove,PA

Within the next month or so we are hoping to hit up

- 7th Dimension Games

-- 491 York Rd, Jenkintown, PA 19046

- Uncanny! KOP Mall

-- 160 North Gulph Road Suite 2322 King of Prussia, PA 19406

-Uncanny!  Montgomery Mall

-- 230 Montgomery Mall Suite 108 North Wales, PA 19454

-Uncanny! Plymoth Meeting Mall

-- 500 West Germantown Pike Suite 2295 Plymoth Meeting, PA 19462

We also might be talking to The Laboratory 

-- 5 Williams Ln. Hatboro, PA 19040

• Like 2

I'm in contact with La Recia at the Microsoft Store in King of Prussia Mall, and will also be making my way to Gamer's Heaven in Phoenixville to find out how things are thataway. Evidently there may be a couple other stores they know of I can try and get involved with.

• Like 2

Uncanny KOP gave us permission to come in, so we will be attending a tournament in the coming weeks.

We will be recontacting the other Uncanny stores.  They are down but they want us to check with the managers to be sure.

We asked two Jay Street Games locations.  We will be recontacting the Plymouth meeting store to check with their manager. Jay Street KOP is no longer holding tournaments.

- 500 W Germantown Pike Plymouth Meeting PA 19462

- King of Prussia, 160 N Gulf Rd. #1152, King of Prussia, PA 19406

We asked Game Stop out of curiosity if we could put flyers up closer to the event and they said we should email corporate. So we might do that.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2017 at 11:46 PM, Belladonna859 said:

Chris got permission from Brave New Worlds to come in during a weekly tournament to talk about Extra Life. 

--433 West Moreland Road Willow Grove,PA

Within the next month or so we are hoping to hit up

- 7th Dimension Games

-- 491 York Rd, Jenkintown, PA 19046

- Uncanny! KOP Mall

-- 160 North Gulph Road Suite 2322 King of Prussia, PA 19406

-Uncanny!  Montgomery Mall

-- 230 Montgomery Mall Suite 108 North Wales, PA 19454

-Uncanny! Plymoth Meeting Mall

-- 500 West Germantown Pike Suite 2295 Plymoth Meeting, PA 19462

We also might be talking to The Laboratory 

-- 5 Williams Ln. Hatboro, PA 19040

Yea we got a ton of great feedback from stores.  Our approach isn't to scare them off, or pressure them.  All we were doing was this step process:

1. Open up with what dates and times people gather to either play magic, table top, dnd, what have you

2. Ask if they are familiar with Extra Life 

3. Explain and then say if I could come to one of the events and see if people wanted to register

Our plan is to just make our presence known, mingle with individuals about signing up and that's about it.  Ask them to leave a flyer or two and be on our way.

We had a separate plan for people that were REALLY into ExtraLife and ask if they had an game tournaments and if there was a way to get ExtraLife in there.  But we want to respect the owners, gamers, and just talk with them while gaming with them.

• Like 1

This is all so awesome!  I love everyone's passion and willingness to seek out stores in their community.  THANK YOU!!!   

Please continue to post more and let's invite others to help reach out.  We are in the process of getting Extra Life business cards created.  If you need Extra Life flyers or CMN CHOP banners where stores would like to help drive awareness and recruit (and perhaps even donate), email me at mcintoshg@email.chop.edu.  I can mail them directly to you.

• Like 1

Last month I spoke on an off with Red Caps.

The conversations seems to have ended, but on a note of interest in being a part of game day again

They mostly lost interest in talking to me when I explained that I personally would not be in charge of the event and began asking about coming in to promote Extra-Life at a tournament.

I do believe they will be a part of game day but they never actually gave a definite.

I'm going to try an initial contact with the following and see how that goes:

Stomping Grounds games and hobbies

Classic Game Junkie

Toy and Comic heaven