Gaming News:Star Citizen Debuts FPS Gameplay at PAX Australia - Announcements - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jack Gardner

Gaming News:Star Citizen Debuts FPS Gameplay at PAX Australia

Sshot_Two-1-970.jpg

Star Citizen, the crowdfunding juggernaut, continues its mindbogglingly complex development. While the Hangar and Arena modules have been released to backers, Cloud Imperium Games revealed their next big addition to their growing system of interconnected gameplay modules. Soon supporters could be getting their boots on the ground. 

On the heels of an impressive demonstration of their persistent universe, Cloud Imperium unveiled live gameplay showing how FPS combat will work in the completed game. It begins as a traditional shooter, but then things get a bit crazy when one of the players decides to deactivate the artificial gravity. 

Honestly, I am really curious to see what the final build of Star Citizen is like. Every time I hear about it or check on its progress it has made more money and the scope seems to have been expanded. Even several months ago there were over 200 people working on Star Citizen. Several different studios are working on the modules that will eventually come together. This is one of the most fascinating game development processes that has been made mostly public. I hope that it will be able to deliver on its immense promises and doesn't collapse under its aspirations. 

View full article