Fundraising Ideas - Akron, OH - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
StowPro

Fundraising Ideas

To try to get a jump start on my fundraising this year I decided to put out the challenge on facebook and will probably put on twitter as well that if I raise $250 in the month of February that I will dye my beard blue one weekend in March. To be more specific I'm going to dye it the weekend that we have our guild anniversary at 16 bit. 

Is anyone else trying to start on fundraising? If this works out I might do the bucket of ice dumped on me when it warms up.

• Like 2

It's never too early to start. I know a lot of people, myself included, tried to do monthly challenges last year. There was a lot of Save or Shaving going on is what I'm saying. I did a few neat things:

-Walked an extra step for each penny added to my total for a month. (so much walking!)

-Fire or Ice challenge (depending on which option raised more money I either had to drink hot sauce or have an ice bucket dumped on me - ice won)

-Stupid human tricks on game day. I think for every $100 my team raised on game day a member of the team would do a stupid trick like chugging lemon juice or putting clothespins on their face or show some weird way they could bend their arms or whatever.

I havent really started yet.  My wife suggested I promise to do the Polar bear Plunge if meet my goal this year.  .......I dont think so, though.

On 2/2/2017 at 2:13 PM, StowPro said:

To try to get a jump start on my fundraising this year I decided to put out the challenge on facebook and will probably put on twitter as well that if I raise $250 in the month of February that I will dye my beard blue one weekend in March. To be more specific I'm going to dye it the weekend that we have our guild anniversary at 16 bit. 

Is anyone else trying to start on fundraising? If this works out I might do the bucket of ice dumped on me when it warms up.

I think you should do "by March 28th" since Feb was already partially over.  

1 hour ago, dmpaskiet said:

I think you should do "by March 28th" since Feb was already partially over.  

It was the second. You worry about yourself.