Tabletop Games clarification question - Extra Life United 2017 - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
futiles

Tabletop Games clarification question

Will the tabletop games be the physical games, or will we be playing digital versions?

Since the ELU tournament information page is using artwork from digital games (Smallworld 2 is the digital version, and that artwork for Citadels is for an unrelated game to the tabletop game CItadels), I was hoping to get clarification so I know which games and versions to expect.

Thanks!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, futiles said:

Will the tabletop games be the physical games, or will we be playing digital versions?

Since the ELU tournament information page is using artwork from digital games (Smallworld 2 is the digital version, and that artwork for Citadels is for an unrelated game to the tabletop game CItadels), I was hoping to get clarification so I know which games and versions to expect.

Thanks!

Physical games :)

• Like 1

On Tue Jan 31 2017 at 0:23 AM, LeaveIt2Beaver said:

Physical games :)

I have learned there are multiple versions of Citadels. Do you know what version we'll be playing? a new edition came out recently

I'm pretty sure it's still the same cards and tokens - just a different sized box. I'm sure @LeaveIt2Beaver will correct me if I'm wrong though.

• Like 1

In a weird branding decision, Smallworld 2 is the digital version of Smallworld. It plays no differently than its physical counterpart. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Azzy said:

Would anyone care to explain Smallworld 2 is?

Smallworld 2 is the digital version.  We will be playing the original Smallworld board game. (Smallworld "1")

On 2/25/2017 at 5:58 PM, Sean Rooney said:

I'm pretty sure it's still the same cards and tokens - just a different sized box. I'm sure @LeaveIt2Beaver will correct me if I'm wrong though.

The new edition is the one I bought (cuz it was only $5 more) and it has the original cards and tokens as well as 2 expansions.  The rules on the ELU site are a broken link so I cannot see which version we will be playing.  The base game with 8 tokens and certain unique cards, the suggested play on the box with 9 tokens and certain unique cards, or any of the 6 recommended methods in the rules.  Or if we are doing it randomly like with Dominion.  I'd like to learn it the right way if possible but if it hasn't been determined yet, I'll play it a bunch of different ways and hope for the best :) 

Also, I am 100% aware I am probably over-thinking and over-worrying.  But, I'm a planner so I just like to know as much info about things as possible :)

• Like 2

I don't like this thread... To much competition... 

Also, Star Realms... Just the base Deck, or we popping Colony Wars into that as well? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xeserox said:

I don't like this thread... To much competition... 

Also, Star Realms... Just the base Deck, or we popping Colony Wars into that as well? 

I believe it is just the base deck from the rules they have on the site.  Same for Dominion and Ticket to Ride.

Also, what's wrong with a little competition for the kids? :)

19 hours ago, MedievalMelody said:

I believe it is just the base deck from the rules they have on the site.  Same for Dominion and Ticket to Ride.

Also, what's wrong with a little competition for the kids? :)

Because I want to win all the moneys for my hospital. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Xeserox said:

Because I want to win all the moneys for my hospital. 

As do we all. :D

60345706.jpg

• Like 2