Extra Life Game Server - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
H2OAcidic

Extra Life Game Server

Hello Everyone!

So I've been in talks with the host known as CreeperHost. What is all your ideas on what games could be hosted on a server provided for Extra Lifers and general public that would like to play games with Extra Lifers.

After some traded emails and DM's on Twitter, they seem into the idea of helping out. I was thinking games like Ark, Minecraft, and Terraria. Do you all have ideas on games? This would grant us all a fun time and safe place.

• Like 2

I don't have Ark, but the other two, I would definitely be interested. 

Not that I wouldn't play on an Ark server too if I had it. Just not really buying any PC games right now, focused on other things. 

14 minutes ago, TheGiant said:

I don't have Ark, but the other two, I would definitely be interested. 

Not that I wouldn't play on an Ark server too if I had it. Just not really buying any PC games right now, focused on other things. 

Fully understandable too! I'm trying to either find a pre-made server with tons of mini-games or willing to hear ideas. Ark, could be here and there, Terraria and Starbound are easy to create as well.

Hello Everyone that views this.

As of yesterday I got the email from creeperhost.net to go in, pick ANY server and more for us to use for Extra Life. I want those of you reading this to head to https://www.creeperhost.net/, glance at all the games we can have a server for. Do you play starbound more, Minecraft, Just Cause 2 MP mod, or even Ark?

I'm sending an email over to Extra Life / CMN about this as well. The reason I did this overall is so everyone in Extra Life can have a place to game with others. Who wants to play Ark or even Minecraft solo? Why not have a sever full of Extra Lifers having fun.

Noted! Also, per your message to me. Email me so I can loop you into an email with a few WV Extra Lifers that can help at Tekko.

• Like 1

Alright, spoke with others. The overall vote is a Minecraft server, would we like a normal server, modded server, or one with tons of nice plugins and features?

I've got access to Minecraft worlds that have mini-games, I have pre-built main hubs, which we can explore, or do you all have ideas?

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 2:41 PM, theBeardedCripl said:

i would vote some kind of modded due to the fact that vanilla can get boring after some time

That would be good. Have any ideas?

Also, for those of you reading. Pitch ideas for a server name. I'm not sure unless we get the okay from @LeaveIt2Beaver and others if we can "name" it the "Official" Extra Life Minecraft server. I'm more than happy giving admin access to the server to the them too, just a few of us help manage and keep the world up-to-date or even add new features.

• Like 1

Thanks for looping me in @H2OAcidic(And for the offer of admin access)! I would prefer to keep the word "official" out of the name --at least for right now-- just cus it would then need to be added to the list of official channels Liz and I check in with.

Its so cool to see people care so much about this community that this stuff organically happens and hopefully once the team grows we are able to facilitate a lot of the heavy lifting /support for things like this .

20 hours ago, LeaveIt2Beaver said:

Thanks for looping me in @H2OAcidic(And for the offer of admin access)! I would prefer to keep the word "official" out of the name --at least for right now-- just cus it would then need to be added to the list of official channels Liz and I check in with.

Its so cool to see people care so much about this community that this stuff organically happens and hopefully once the team grows we are able to facilitate a lot of the heavy lifting /support for things like this .

Yeah, keep me updated. Trying to let everyone decide on the server since I can pick any level and size of server. The company is providing a free-of-charge server of our choice.

On 2/24/2017 at 3:11 PM, H2OAcidic said:

That would be good. Have any ideas?

Also, for those of you reading. Pitch ideas for a server name. I'm not sure unless we get the okay from @LeaveIt2Beaver and others if we can "name" it the "Official" Extra Life Minecraft server. I'm more than happy giving admin access to the server to the them too, just a few of us help manage and keep the world up-to-date or even add new features.

I would say some sort of FTB mod would work. Something with a lot of mods that people can play with. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, theBeardedCripl said:

I would say some sort of FTB mod would work. Something with a lot of mods that people can play with. 

FTB is great. Just steer clear of FTB Departed - that's a pack for masochists.

any news on this because i was kind of thinking of doing the same and having it vanilla and having it for a bunch of extra life teams working together i would add some server mods to get rid of swearing and griefing 

A minecraft server for the marathon sounds like an amazing idea! Good thinking and thank you for exploring this

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Th3Cap3 said:

A minecraft server for the marathon sounds like an amazing idea! Good thinking and thank you for exploring this

I believe @dogdaytona plays on HIS server most weeks during his spot on the official Extra Life channel as a member of the community stream team. I am sure he would love the company!

• Like 1

The sever IP hasn't been set up just yet. Both Creeper Host and I are getting plugins and other features rolling and making sure now bugs come up since running 1.11.2 version of Minecraft. Got to make sure the server is stable before it goes live for everyone.

• Like 1

yeah i have two servers one is for extralife and one is for streaming and we can always us people

Hi there! I would be willing to help out with a Minecraft server. I have been running my own modded servers for a bit for my friends and kids. I have built them for versions 1.8 to the latest. Also I have done a Teamspeak server as well. Teamspeak let's you run 25 slot servers for free for personal use, or you can get Non-profit licenses as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Any update on this? Is the server live? :D

Hello Everyone!

Sorry, been quite busy per my day job. As of today SERVER is live, but still a work in progress that I'd love to have some of you help with too. I also had to sign some contracts with the host since they are providing the sever for Extra Lifers and public to use.

Also, BONUS!!! The host has also setup a server for those of you that play Terraria for Extra Lifers too!!!!

Just got the email and uploading the Zip file for the server and they are turning on Terraria server for me. Please message me for the IP or URL to access servers for either game. You may share with others if they can help get the server in working order in terms of other places and more.

• Like 1