Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, CAWZY said: I unfortunately did not finish it last year. But I am excited to try again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

 

You are not alone...I made it to around day 37 before I had to bail out

 

Speaking of next year...what are the 100 worst games of all time? Best? Hidden Treasures? We've got a little time between now and July...lets get some lists going. The more lists we have already prepared the easier it might be for newcomers to pick up a list and go "ooo, I'll try this one!". Eh? Eh? Thoughts?

You could also do something like have a list of bad games you can potentially play, then alow people to chose what you play if they donate X amount. When ever I have my capture card and what not, I plan on doing that. I have some sweet Barbie games people can make me play for a donation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2015 at 3:16 PM, gektek said:

IF anybody is interested...

 

*MAIN EVENT*

July 28th to November 5th -or- July 27th to November 4th

 

Optional 100 days

*TAX BLAST*

April 15th to July 24th

 

*RESOLUTIONS*

January 1st to April 10th

 

...to be honest, I think I might try for the first one, Resolutions. I already have a lot of stuff planned for the beginning of the year anyway and I have a feeling a move will be happening some time after April which might make it so I can't do the Main Event one. Anyway, just thought I'd post these for everybody in case there is any interest ;) In my opinion anyway this seems to still stick with the theme and I plan on tagging everything #100DaysOfGaming #EXTRALIFE and all that yadda soo...we'll see <3

This is a really good idea too! #100DaysOfGaming is a personal challenge and it's something that brings curiosity to your stream. I like to see this hashtag along with the Extra Life tag on Twitter. The important thing is to bring awareness and I know I had several people asking me what is this challenge and when they asked I got to talk about Extra Life too! 

On 12/23/2015 at 3:30 PM, herobyclicking said:

 

This is fantastic @gektek. I am so pleased by all of this. I will totally support an "out of season" #100DaysofGaming, it is what I anticipated when I constructed the whole crazy idea. You all are the best community ever, truly amazing heroes for the kids. 

 

I think I am going to do a "how many games can I actually complete" in "#100DaysofGaming" during the "Main Event". 

 

You all are getting me excited, great work!

I would love to be able to do this too! Unfortunately for me that would mean I would only be able to beat like 6-10 games depending on the length of the games XD RPGs would take me days to weeks lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And so it begins... :D

 

I have officially started my #100DaysOfGaming and will be playing a new game every day for the next 100 days. Barring any technical difficulties I will be posting the VODs to YouTube via this playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTqJEjDourO55WPBmMdzAF_Ca4YMwfJVa

 

And feel free to follow along live via http://twitch.tv/gektek daily! Follow me on Twitter @gektekRadio to find out when I'm live <3

 

Accepting Extra Life donations to build a Star Wars LEGO kit. $1 donated puts 4 pieces together. Let's build it!

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/196180

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zyaldar said:

#100DaysOfGaming is almost here! I made a graphic for this year, 2016. Nothing fancy but feel free to use it and share! Day 1 is 7/28! 

 

http://tinyurl.com/100DaysOfGaming2016

#100DaysOfGaming_2016.png

Looks great my friend!

 

I would love to keep track of everyone participating this year!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe I still have spreadsheets from last year that we could reuse for this year. I'll be watching the tag #100DaysOfGaming on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram so we can do what we did last year and have a spreadsheet where we can edit together. 

 

I found our old spreadsheet, I added a new tab for 2016 and we could build from here to add more info if you'd like. I will also be doing a spreadsheet like I did last year for my games that play. I think I will stick with just picking them at random again. It was fun lol. 

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Iu0NZ7X-ZEdz3ftCgwgmp9aVoaOmhHKvBG9vVPsgV9A/edit?usp=sharing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2015 at 2:16 PM, gektek said:

IF anybody is interested...

 

*MAIN EVENT*

July 28th to November 5th -or- July 27th to November 4th

 

 

I count 100 days as July 28th - Nov 4th. (4 days July, 31 Aug, 30 Sept, 31 Oct, 4 Nov)

 

In any event, I'll be running some games start to finish, with chapters/etc once a day - and hopefully exporting each day to YouTube (but this may get uploaded at the end of the week).

Games I'm considering include: Walking Dead (Season 1 & 2), Soul Gambler, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers (20th Anniversary Edition), Fallout 4 Nuka World, Mafia 3.

 

Any suggestions?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Battery_H said:

 

I count 100 days as July 28th - Nov 4th. (4 days July, 31 Aug, 30 Sept, 31 Oct, 4 Nov)

 

In any event, I'll be running some games start to finish, with chapters/etc once a day - and hopefully exporting each day to YouTube (but this may get uploaded at the end of the week).

Games I'm considering include: Walking Dead (Season 1 & 2), Soul Gambler, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers (20th Anniversary Edition), Fallout 4 Nuka World, Mafia 3.

 

Any suggestions?

Sounds pretty good to me! I have so many games that I will be picking them at random every day. This is what I did last year and it helped me keep track: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11AERdk8dyxtuUc1HrAIcEgf3Yhv91DeuODI526EQsp0/edit?usp=sharing

 

I plan to export the videos to Youtube again this year but lately I have been getting lazy with that >.< It takes a lot of time to manage both Twitch and YouTube on top of other things lol but I will try! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, this is gonna start up right after I'll be settled in from the marriage stuff and it'll be way easier to just hop on and stream for an hour or two. I would really love to try this out! Unfortunately, our families both live out of town and there's a weekend ever month or two that we go away. I'm not sure if I'd be able to do it :( 

 

It may be worth a shot, either way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaKarst said:

Man, this is gonna start up right after I'll be settled in from the marriage stuff and it'll be way easier to just hop on and stream for an hour or two. I would really love to try this out! Unfortunately, our families both live out of town and there's a weekend ever month or two that we go away. I'm not sure if I'd be able to do it :( 

 

It may be worth a shot, either way!

Give it a shot! 

 

psst.... you can always make up the days you miss by playing 2 games one day ;) 

 

I won't tell! :P 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Zyaldar said:

Give it a shot! 

 

psst.... you can always make up the days you miss by playing 2 games one day ;) 

 

I won't tell! :P 

 

Well if I can get away with that, I may have to do it! :D

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

I just had a (what I think) is a really fun idea. I don't know if my community is quite big enough to make this work, but I may have to try it anyway. 

 

I play a different game for 9 days and have people vote on their favorite one. On the 10th day, I'll do an extended stream of that game. Rinse and repeat. On day 91-99, I'll play each of the winners and then the community will vote on the best game (or most fun to watch, as it were) of the 100 days of streaming! I may have to look into this. Considering my PC isn't powerful enough to stream most games, I'll have to make sure I have around 80 games I can stream. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaKarst said:

 

Well if I can get away with that, I may have to do it! :D

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

I just had a (what I think) is a really fun idea. I don't know if my community is quite big enough to make this work, but I may have to try it anyway. 

 

I play a different game for 9 days and have people vote on their favorite one. On the 10th day, I'll do an extended stream of that game. Rinse and repeat. On day 91-99, I'll play each of the winners and then the community will vote on the best game (or most fun to watch, as it were) of the 100 days of streaming! I may have to look into this. Considering my PC isn't powerful enough to stream most games, I'll have to make sure I have around 80 games I can stream. 

Sounds like a great idea! I love hearing all the different ways people have come up with and incorporating the challenge! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if I'll be streaming, still don't really feel up to it at this point, some bad experiences just kind of made me not want to do it.

 

However I said before I wanted to participate this year, so I'm still going to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheGiant said:

I don't know if I'll be streaming, still don't really feel up to it at this point, some bad experiences just kind of made me not want to do it.

 

However I said before I wanted to participate this year, so I'm still going to try.

You don't have to stream if you don't want to! You can simply take a picture or screenshot of the game you are playing and post that online with the tags, #100DaysOfGaming and #ExtraLife to participate as well! :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Zyaldar said:

You don't have to stream if you don't want to! You can simply take a picture or screenshot of the game you are playing and post that online with the tags, #100DaysOfGaming and #ExtraLife to participate as well! :D

 

I also have a unique plan for mine. This relates to another thread I posted, about launching a BBS. I've been playing a lot of the old BBS door games like I used to, pretty much daily anyway, the turns are short, because they were played over dialup often times on systems with only one phone line, so limiting a users time was kind of necessary.

 

I have access to a server, with over 160 BBS Door games and old DOS text games, so there's more than enough of those for me to play, but since the door games rounds are short, I can play more than one on any given day.  A little nostalgia, a little Extra Life awareness.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheGiant said:

 

I also have a unique plan for mine. This relates to another thread I posted, about launching a BBS. I've been playing a lot of the old BBS door games like I used to, pretty much daily anyway, the turns are short, because they were played over dialup often times on systems with only one phone line, so limiting a users time was kind of necessary.

 

I have access to a server, with over 160 BBS Door games and old DOS text games, so there's more than enough of those for me to play, but since the door games rounds are short, I can play more than one on any given day.  A little nostalgia, a little Extra Life awareness.

That sounds pretty cool! I will keep watch and definitely check it out. I never played any like those back in the day because I was a little lad and didn't know anything about online gaming other than Runescape and Neopets XD (parents never let me play any game that had a subscription :( )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Zyaldar said:

That sounds pretty cool! I will keep watch and definitely check it out. I never played any like those back in the day because I was a little lad and didn't know anything about online gaming other than Runescape and Neopets XD (parents never let me play any game that had a subscription :( )

Then if I don't stream, I might at least post some YouTube videos, so you can see what the game play was like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Google docs Zy.  I copied the one, that is great way to track you games.  I'm excited to do this.  I have access to many more games now, and I am able to stream.  I really would like make a copilation video like you guys did last year as well.  I think I am going to do a mix of letting people decide what I play and just picking random games.  All depends on the reaction I get.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CAWZY said:

I like the Google docs Zy.  I copied the one, that is great way to track you games.  I'm excited to do this.  I have access to many more games now, and I am able to stream.  I really would like make a copilation video like you guys did last year as well.  I think I am going to do a mix of letting people decide what I play and just picking random games.  All depends on the reaction I get.

Sounds great! Yeah I wanted to make a compilation video but I just ran out of time trying to edit and find clips from all 100 vids. I wish I had more time T-T lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zyaldar said:

Sounds great! Yeah I wanted to make a compilation video but I just ran out of time trying to edit and find clips from all 100 vids. I wish I had more time T-T lol

I thought you had made one actually....  Sorry.  I could have sworn you did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CAWZY said:

I thought you had made one actually....  Sorry.  I could have sworn you did.

 

That might have been me ;). 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched yours as well.  I just thought you both had.  Its all good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a weird idea I had. So I was wondering what I could spend 100 days on. So If I were to, say, play through the entire Final Fantasy series (Main series titles only and not counting MMOs) and since I don't really have the means to stream, just post screenshots of my save file each day, do you guys think that would be interesting enough?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K8Morosky said:

Here's a weird idea I had. So I was wondering what I could spend 100 days on. So If I were to, say, play through the entire Final Fantasy series (Main series titles only and not counting MMOs) and since I don't really have the means to stream, just post screenshots of my save file each day, do you guys think that would be interesting enough?

YES!!!!

 

I love it. Please do so and share it on the social medias!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, K8Morosky said:

Here's a weird idea I had. So I was wondering what I could spend 100 days on. So If I were to, say, play through the entire Final Fantasy series (Main series titles only and not counting MMOs) and since I don't really have the means to stream, just post screenshots of my save file each day, do you guys think that would be interesting enough?

Sounds cool.  You can give a comentary over each screen shot too.  Like where you are in the game, what you think about it, and how it compares to the others.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×