Okay, Status report! Ten days in for a lot of us, how is everyone holding up?

I am doing awesome! The games have been fun and I been posting YouTube videos about them. I'm also going to make a highlight video for days 1-10. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Still holding it together - RCT3 tonight and then Galactic Civ 3 for the rest of the week in the wee hours of the morning.  After I finish crushing the opposition ... I mean, after I engage is some "animated negotiations" with my counterparts...

• Like 1

Still participating, although I still lack the ability to stream.  :(  Still fun.  :)  lol

• Like 2

Just wanted to share my adventure so far with everyone! I have had a ton of fun doing this challenge! I have played games that I never would have before and now I have found some games that I want to return to and beat after the challenge. Also while streaming these different games I have met several new people who stop by because of the game that I was playing and stayed to hang out with me. They have made several appearances again whenever I go live. 

Also I wanted to note that because of this challenge I have been able to network closely with others who have taken this challenge as well and it's been fun watching what everyone has been playing. Also because of this challenge I have convinced a few people to even sign up for Extra Life! That's probably the best part because this challenge has worked with spreading awareness. 

Anyway, keep up the great work! It's been fun so far!

• Like 1

I am so excited by the 15 Extra Lifers who joined me on this adventure this year. We have raised over $7,000 (collectively) so far as we near the mid-point for the #100daysofgaming. I had hoped for this last year, to have people get excited about this challenge, this year. Thanks to @Zyaldar for mustering these amazing folks.

Let's power through these next 50 days to the national day of play. 

SO much love you for you all and the heroes you support through play. #FTK 

You. All. Rock. 

• Like 3

I am so excited by the 15 Extra Lifers who joined me on this adventure this year. We have raised over $7,000 (collectively) so far as we near the mid-point for the #100daysofgaming. I had hoped for this last year, to have people get excited about this challenge, this year. Thanks to @Zyaldar for mustering these amazing folks.

Let's power through these next 50 days to the national day of play. 

SO much love you for you all and the heroes you support through play. #FTK 

You. All. Rock. 

Wow over $7k? That's amazing! I am so happy that this year has been such a huge success with this challenge that that several people have joined us! Along with this amount I want to mention that I have successfully recruited about 5 other people to join Extra Life who have not even heard of us before! This has been a fun experience and it has helped kickstart myself into streaming on a regular basis. Thank you for coming up with this idea @herobyclicking

And here's to an amazing 50 more days! 

• Like 3

Great work on #100DaysofGaming!

I compiled the 2015 highlights here: https://youtu.be/IO2dVlvxzxk

Wow, so much fun!

I look forward to next year!

Awesome job! :D I need to get around to doing something like that lol. So much videos though >.< 

• Like 2

Great work on #100DaysofGaming!

I compiled the 2015 highlights here: https://youtu.be/IO2dVlvxzxk

Wow, so much fun!

I look forward to next year!

Very nice!  Once again, I love your highlight videos.  I am planning on doing this again next year, and I will be able to stream, so that's a plus.  Cant wait!

• Like 1

Made it to day 37 this year...maybe I should start 63 days early next year :P 

• Like 3

Just a heads up! Game Day is Nov. 5th for 2016 which will put us at July 28th for Day 1 of #100DaysOfGaming 

• Like 4

I give you all a ton of credit for doing this. I could never commit to gaming every day like this, so good luck to you all next year!!

• Like 4

Thanks!  Having finished it (day 101 was "Game Day"), I can honestly say I was ready for a couple of days off from streaming.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Battery_H said:

Thanks!  Having finished it (day 101 was "Game Day"), I can honestly say I was ready for a couple of days off from streaming.

Ha! Yeah, I get that. I was itching for more though. I got excited for #100Days right away, I am so interested in seeing what other people do with it. Thank you for participating! I hope you can join us again next year. 

20 hours ago, Battery_H said:

I felt the same way! I took a couple days off but then I started right back up and have tried staying consistent :D 

I unfortunately did not finish it last year. But I am excited to try again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CAWZY said:

I unfortunately did not finish it last year. But I am excited to try again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

You are not alone...I made it to around day 37 before I had to bail out :(

Speaking of next year...what are the 100 worst games of all time? Best? Hidden Treasures? We've got a little time between now and July...lets get some lists going. The more lists we have already prepared the easier it might be for newcomers to pick up a list and go "ooo, I'll try this one!". Eh? Eh? Thoughts? :D

14 hours ago, gektek said:

You are not alone...I made it to around day 37 before I had to bail out :(

Speaking of next year...what are the 100 worst games of all time? Best? Hidden Treasures? We've got a little time between now and July...lets get some lists going. The more lists we have already prepared the easier it might be for newcomers to pick up a list and go "ooo, I'll try this one!". Eh? Eh? Thoughts? :D

I've been thinking of building at least part of my list of games to play off of the games the Angry Video game Nerd has reviewed.    He doesnt ALWAYS review bad games, either, so it can be a nice mix.  Some games, though, are impossible to find or just very expensive.  Someone made a nice list of the games on IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls057304136/?start=1&view=detail&sort=listorian:asc

• Like 1

I'm going to try and Knock out some from my Steam Library, as well.

I am hoping to have a capture card by next year which means I will be playing as much original Playstation as I can ;) I also have a Nintendo 64 that I picked up somewhere...just need power cable and RCA, or one or the other...can't remember. Then of course the Wii and its virtual console :P I'm also thinking of trying to throw in a board game or two. Or some card games. Those depend on if I can get local friends to play with me or not haha.

So excited! SO excited in fact that I am slowly realizing that you can fit 3 100 days of gaming into a year...AND all before Extra Life day 2016...hmmm

• Like 1

IF anybody is interested...

*MAIN EVENT*

July 28th to November 5th -or- July 27th to November 4th

Optional 100 days

*TAX BLAST*

April 15th to July 24th

*RESOLUTIONS*

January 1st to April 10th

...to be honest, I think I might try for the first one, Resolutions. I already have a lot of stuff planned for the beginning of the year anyway and I have a feeling a move will be happening some time after April which might make it so I can't do the Main Event one. Anyway, just thought I'd post these for everybody in case there is any interest ;) In my opinion anyway this seems to still stick with the theme and I plan on tagging everything #100DaysOfGaming #EXTRALIFE and all that yadda soo...we'll see <3

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, gektek said:

IF anybody is interested...

*MAIN EVENT*

July 28th to November 5th -or- July 27th to November 4th

Optional 100 days

*TAX BLAST*

April 15th to July 24th

*RESOLUTIONS*

January 1st to April 10th

...to be honest, I think I might try for the first one, Resolutions. I already have a lot of stuff planned for the beginning of the year anyway and I have a feeling a move will be happening some time after April which might make it so I can't do the Main Event one. Anyway, just thought I'd post these for everybody in case there is any interest ;) In my opinion anyway this seems to still stick with the theme and I plan on tagging everything #100DaysOfGaming #EXTRALIFE and all that yadda soo...we'll see <3

This is fantastic @gektek. I am so pleased by all of this. I will totally support an "out of season" #100DaysofGaming, it is what I anticipated when I constructed the whole crazy idea. You all are the best community ever, truly amazing heroes for the kids. 

I think I am going to do a "how many games can I actually complete" in "#100DaysofGaming" during the "Main Event". 

You all are getting me excited, great work!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gektek said:

I am hoping to have a capture card by next year which means I will be playing as much original Playstation as I can ;) I also have a Nintendo 64 that I picked up somewhere...just need power cable and RCA, or one or the other...can't remember. Then of course the Wii and its virtual console :P I'm also thinking of trying to throw in a board game or two. Or some card games. Those depend on if I can get local friends to play with me or not haha.

So excited! SO excited in fact that I am slowly realizing that you can fit 3 100 days of gaming into a year...AND all before Extra Life day 2016...hmmm

I would like to do some capture card stuff, but my Frankenstein (Or Maybe I'Ll go with Millennium Falcon) PC still needs some "Special modifications" to make that happen (Mainly a better processor and motherboard, and maybe some more RAM).  I'm poor, though, so it will be a while.  I will be able to stream from my Computer alone shortly into January, for that I need a few cheap spare parts.

• Like 1