Snow_White_Raven

OC Guild Leadership Opportunities

Greetings Guild Members,

The OC Guild is growing and we are seeking some dynamic and reliable individuals to join the leadership team.  We are recruiting for the following positions:

Recruitment/Convention Chair: Responsible for finding new convention & event opportunities and coordinating needed volunteers. Educating booth workers on how to recruit new extra life members. Finding innovative ways to get our name out there to other Orange County gamers. 

Communications Chair: Working with Recruitment chair to send out messaging on volunteer opportunities. Works with Special Events chair to communicate upcoming events. Works with Bree at CHOC to communicate updates on fundraising totals, goals, etc. Utilizes all necessary Extra Life OC communication channels (Facebook, EL Forum, Direct Messaging, etc.)

Corporate Chair: Someone from the OC gaming industry that can help us gain insight on industry trends, and connect us to others in the field. 

Special Events Chair: Responsible for working with others to coordinate and execute game marathons, streams, and other events. Works on silent auction, stream schedule, etc.

Secretary: Maintain Guild membership roster including name and contact information. Reserve the venue for monthly meetings, communicating with venue contact about logistics. Take meeting notes. Post meeting minutes to the Guild’s area in the Official Extra Life Forums. Support the President and Vice President in performance of duties, filling in as necessary.

If any of these positions interest you please fill out the attached application and email it to: oc4extralife@gmail.com

Thanks for your interest!

ELOC Leadership Questionnaire.docx

I would love to but I am moving in May and will be very far from it all. Is there anything I can do until then? Special events chair sounds like something I would be good at for Streaming, contests, and auctions but I do not wish to take up a chair position with 3 months left here in California. Please advise.

I did my stream and fundraising last year and had an absolute blast reaching my goal.

-Thomas

Thomas,

We participate in numerous events throughout the year and often partner with the Los Angeles guild on special events as well.  Here is a list of some of the opportunities we have coming up on the calendar:

Long Beach Comic Con, Long Beach Feb. 18-19 (LA Guild event)

24 hr LAN lock-in, Esports Arena Santa Ana, Feb 25-26

Beach Con, Cal State Long beach, March 4-5

Extra Life 2017 OC Guild Kickoff , CHOC, March 15

Arcade Expo 3.0, Banning, March 17-19

Wonder Con 2017, Anaheim March 31-April 2 (LA Guild event)

You are welcome to volunteer/participate in any of these.

-Dean

Hey Thomas. Thanks for your interest. As Dean indicated earlier there are tons of upcoming opportunities to help out with the cause. In addition we have our upcoming february meeting where we will be discussing some of these needs. We would love to have you at the February Meeting Monday February 13th at 6:30 PM. This meeting will be located at the E-Sports Arena in Downtown Santa Ana. I have provided a link to this event for your review. We look forward to seeing you. 

- Amanda